Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

XYZ chinese brand

Hello to all,
is there anyone who has had experience with the XYZ Chinese store?
This shop is specialized in wheels and rims, I noticed that the top-of-the-range rims look a lot like the new Farsport's Kaze series, this last store is very reliable, but it doesn't have the rims of the deep that interests me, so I'm tempted to buy the rims for my new wheels from XYZ.
The thing that puzzles me is that XYZ does not use sales platforms like AliExpress, Amazon or Ebay, but only sells directly.
Thank you for your comments.

PS
I would also like to apologize for my incorrect English.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Brother.
They all carbon.
Same weight strong rims made from alloy can be found at 'Hunt' wheels.
'Same' equals 60 gram difference. (Done me again, lol.)

I guess price American. $598. 1550 +/- 30 grams 40mm deep.

$435 USD 1488 grams 28mm deep. Alloy Hunt.

I'd rather alloy. Cheaper, lighter, with a fairly deep aero wall.

Australian English slang.

English; colour.
American; color.
Australian; frequency, light N up.

https://www.huntbikewheels.cc/collections/road-wheels/products/aero-ligh...

(Thanks too)

Argus Tuft | 4 years ago
0 likes

My neighbour builds custom motorbike wheels fulltime and uses woolgrease (raw lanolin) as an assembly lubricant on spoke threads. It's stickier and more tenacious than mineral grease and smells of horse harnesses.

Boiled linseed oil has the (advantage?) of setting up over time and might act as a weak form of Loctite.

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

Sorry - your post looked a bit like some posts we get from chinese manufacturers trying to get free advertising, so a bunch of us thought it was spam.

Never heard of XYZ, so can't give any feedback. If you're going to be spending time building your own wheels, then I'd recommend going for a known quality rim. Sapim is a good choice for spokes, though it's trickier to build with aero spokes as you need to stop the blades from twisting as you tighten/true the wheel. A good tip is to dip each spoke end into a bit of grease to prevent the nipple from sticking to the spoke end so much.

Rone69 replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

hawkinspeter wrote:

Sorry - your post looked a bit like some posts we get from chinese manufacturers trying to get free advertising, so a bunch of us thought it was spam.

Never heard of XYZ, so can't give any feedback. If you're going to be spending time building your own wheels, then I'd recommend going for a known quality rim. Sapim is a good choice for spokes, though it's trickier to build with aero spokes as you need to stop the blades from twisting as you tighten/true the wheel. A good tip is to dip each spoke end into a bit of grease to prevent the nipple from sticking to the spoke end so much.

Thanks a lot for the advices.

There's no problem, I know that my english isn't so good an it's simple to fall in some misunderstanding.

I'm tempted to adopt an old wheelbuilder's process using boiled linseed oil to lube the thread of nipples and spokes.
What do you think about?

hawkinspeter replied to Rone69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Rone69 wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Thanks a lot for the advices.

There's no problem, I know that my english isn't so good an it's simple to fall in some misunderstanding.

I'm tempted to adopt an old wheelbuilder's process using boiled linseed oil to lube the thread of nipples and spokes.
What do you think about?

I've only used white lithium grease myself, so I can't advise on linseed oil. I used lithium grease as I had a small pot around and it's designed for metal on metal - should prevent the nipples seizing and causing problems when you want to re-true the wheel.

Personally, I haven't bothered building wheels for a few years - nowadays I find it easier to buy a pre-made wheel as there seems to be more choice in pre-built wheels rather than the components (e.g. rims).

Your english is pretty good, by the way.

Rone69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm italian, I'm only looking for some feedback about XYZ brand.

This brand/dealer/shop have som rims that are very interesting for me, they are very close to the latest Farsport top of range, the Kaza series, Farsport is a very reliable brand, like Yishun, but XYZ have more rims available in their catalogue, but this brand isn't so common in Italy, so I'm trying to get some info about them.

After a bad experience whith Ican wheel, I decided to build myself a new set whith Yuniper nitro hubs and Sapim Cx Ray spokes (maybe Alina Hyperlite) and medium depth TLR rims, the final weight will be close to 1350gr.

Pilot Pete | 4 years ago
2 likes

Ok, we’ll make it simple for you. Are you in any way involved with XYZ, either directly or indirectly as your post reads like an advert for them rather than a serious question about them?

If you want their rims just buy direct, I don’t see what is ‘puzzling’ about that. Use a credit card and you will be able to buy with confidence.

PP

Rone69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

As you know I don't speak english well.

I'm looking for some info, to do this I've published the same post in many forum , if this is a problem I will apologize.

Thanks to all, have a nice day.

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like
Pilot Pete | 4 years ago
1 like

I think you need to allocate a greater sum to your advertising budget as this one is a bit lame...

PP

Rone69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

????????

Rone69 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Please, what you mean ?

Are you joking me?

Organon replied to Rone69 | 4 years ago
3 likes

Rone69 wrote:

Please, what you mean ?

Are you joking me?

Spam is part of one of britains favourite meals: Egg, bacon, sausage and Spam.

Cyclists love it.

leqin replied to Organon | 4 years ago
2 likes

Organon wrote:

Rone69 wrote:

Please, what you mean ?

Are you joking me?

Spam is part of one of britains favourite meals: Egg, bacon, sausage and Spam.

Cyclists love it.

I prefer the Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam without the spam.

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
4 likes

Do you sell SPiced hAM as well?

Latest Comments