Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano GRX pricing seems a bit whack?

Shimano 105 Hydraulic Groupset - £483 from Wiggle

Shimano GRX RX600 - which is meant to be 105 level, is £599

How does that work, when its got "less" stuff in it. e.g. No left hand gear mechanism, no front deraillieur, one less Chainring?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

IanEdward | 4 years ago
0 likes

Also SRAM have somehow made it acceptable to charge more for 1x groupsets, it might be sexy and new but as you point out, there's less to it! 

Wait a while, I bet you'll start to see 2x GRX cheaper than 1x GRX...

fukawitribe replied to IanEdward | 4 years ago
0 likes

IanEdward wrote:

Also SRAM have somehow made it acceptable to charge more for 1x groupsets, it might be sexy and new but as you point out, there's less to it! 

Wait a while, I bet you'll start to see 2x GRX cheaper than 1x GRX...

Maybe, maybe not... currently the price difference between GRX 600 2x and 1x in the places with stock seems to be about 80 Euro, e.g. https://www.bike-components.de

As others have pointed out though, the difference between the 105 and GRX 600 is due to discount, 105 R7020 is about £799 full asking in the UK - it's a non-question.

Huckfinn | 4 years ago
1 like

Lowest price I found for the GRX Levers (only) is on BikeDiscount.de (269euros)

Redvee replied to Huckfinn | 4 years ago
0 likes

Huckfinn wrote:

Lowest price I found for the GRX Levers (only) is on BikeDiscount.de (269euros)

That's where I bought my kit from, you can change the price on their site to GBP. When I bought my kit I had two tabs open, one priced in GBP the other in € then used my Revolut card to calculate the exchange rate and cause I paid in € I saved nearly £10 over the listed GBP price.

kil0ran | 4 years ago
1 like

Bits of it are in short supply, particularly the levers so it won't be discounted much yet

Redvee | 4 years ago
0 likes

Was going to go for GRX levers but they were out of stock from the place I was going to buy them from so went with R7020 levers only for £247 which is the same price as  GRX600.

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
2 likes

Its brand new, 105 is not.

105 is heavily discounted, GRX is not. And why should it as its brand new? May have to wait a few months at least for a reasonable discount

werics | 4 years ago
1 like

I'm guessing (I keep getting shunted to pages that speak US money, but) that the 599 is full MSR; the other is not, as it's been kicking around a while.

Latest Comments