Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

First 100 miler

The team of four with a total age of 250 completed the first 100 mile road trip out to Oxford and back to Somerford Keynes on Saturday. Seven and a half hours in the saddle at an average of 13.5 mph. So we are happy and tired. Nice and flat, loads of rain and a cheeky head wind on the way. Bakers Arms to finish.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

I might have done close to the the imperial century, or might even have done it, no computer, but I definitely found the the there and back again on the Basingstoke Canal was a frustrating 99.5+km, now I know that I definitely did the metric century that day, with a bit of to and fro to get to the canal but still.  Grrrr.

You look at the occasional maker posts and they go up and up and never quite get to 50.

mike the bike | 4 years ago
1 like

Well done Crookie and friends.  There's still something special about riding a hundred miles at one sitting and, of course, it easily outweighs the inferior hundred kilometres, whatever they might be.

Pilot Pete | 4 years ago
0 likes

Nice going Crookie! I also like your style - “Bakers Arms to finish” - a man after my own heart! laugh

PP

ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

Well done to you and your squad.  A week previous and the weather would have been lovely.  Some heavy showers in there and autumn chills starting.

Latest Comments