Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycling Caps for the Bigger Brained

Most cycle caps seem to be "one size"  which I often find too tight.  Are there any brands that are larger than others?

Regards,

Mekon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

matthewn5 | 4 years ago
0 likes

The older Rapha caps came in three sizes... as a large header, I found the Large size perfect. You can find NOS or used ones on ebay. The current version is 'one size (doesn't) fit all'.

Otherwise, some of the 'replica' caps on ebay are cut fairly generously, I've found, I got nice Colnago Del Tongo and St Raphäel caps that fit well.

bertisfantastic | 4 years ago
3 likes

Remember if it all goes wrong you can sue them for not putting MIPS in your hat

wildoo | 4 years ago
0 likes

You can get these Belgian design tech caps in an XL size (62cm)

https://www.velopac.cc/shop/belgium-cap/

FlyingPenguin | 4 years ago
1 like

I've got a large noggin (~62cm) and find that "one size fits all", well, doesn't...  I love my Rapha L/XL cap though, only bit of Rapha I own.

It's the only hat brand I'm aware of (that does multiple sizes) that has physical stores so you can try them on.

Prosper0 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I suffer the same issue. I’m amazed that this hasn’t been picked up by manufacturers. Surprise surprise, people’s heads are different just like everything else.

i find Rapha hats are more forgiving, but there are some businesses on eBay that do nice single colour caps in different sizes if you look. 

brooksby replied to Prosper0 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Prosper0 wrote:

I suffer the same issue. I’m amazed that this hasn’t been picked up by manufacturers. Surprise surprise, people’s heads are different just like everything else.

The worst cap I ever tried was actually a Vulpine one.

They did two sizes: the smaller one wouldn't even fit on my head at all, and the larger one only fitted my head (just!) if I had just buzzed my hair back to its summer plumage ().

Best fitting cap I own is a Walz cotton cap - this one

https://www.walzcaps.com/collections/cycling/products/olive-cream-3-panel

in a Large/Extra Large.

EK Spinner | 4 years ago
0 likes

I got a Van Rysel cap from Decathlon, first one thats ever fitted properly, from doing a wee search it seems they are (not surprisingly) and own brand

JMcL_Ireland | 4 years ago
1 like

Being relatively large of noggin myself, I find the Decathlon cycling caps quite comfortable despite being one size

mike the bike replied to JMcL_Ireland | 4 years ago
1 like

JMcL_Ireland wrote:

Being relatively large of noggin myself, I find the Decathlon cycling caps quite comfortable despite being one size

Bob Mortimer knew a lad with a big head; called him a sniper's dream.

brooksby | 4 years ago
0 likes

Walz do S/M and L/XL in all their caps - I have a couple of their's, in the 'big' size.

Latest Comments