Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale Synapse - which model year?

Hi all,

Just joined the forum as I have a question which I am hoping somebody can help me with.

I've currently got a Trek Domane (2014 model) which I have thoroughly enjoyed, particularly the smooth ride and relaxed geometry, but I am keen to upgrade to something with disc brakes.

The Cannondale Synapse has caught my eye and I was keen on the 2018 model onwards (happy to consider second hand or new), perhaps with Di2 groupset.

However, I have come across a 2017 model in great condition, with Di2, for a tempting price, which would save me considerable money over a later model.

I am aware that there was a revision between 2017 and 2018 models (frame lighter and stiffer on 2018) but I am wondering if there is much difference in how the two versions ride? 

Has anyone got real world experience of the two models that could advise?

Many thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Team EPO | 4 years ago
0 likes

If you are going for an older model take a look at NRG Cycles as they often have new old bikes for a while they ahd some 2 year old new Cervelos and they have the odd Cannondale

https://www.nrgcycles.co.uk/road-cycling/bikes/onsale

Latest Comments