Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt map screen question

afternoon all, any idea if i can have my main stats page up an only have the map screen flash up as an alert for a turn. I use rwgps so no issues on turn by turn, but i don't like having the map screen on permenantly with just a couple of data fields on display. 

Cheers in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

amazon22 | 4 years ago
0 likes

To be fair to the Bolt, it is not primarily designed for navigation. You can see exactly how it handles upcoming turns when on different pages at the excellent velogps site as link. I don't see this changing - that's where the Roam is supposed to take over, but in fact it does the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTU3_BsJTU

vonhelmet | 4 years ago
0 likes

Wahoo are quite receptive to bug reports / feature requests. You could submit a request for this.

BrokenBootneck replied to vonhelmet | 4 years ago
0 likes

vonhelmet wrote:

Wahoo are quite receptive to bug reports / feature requests. You could submit a request for this.

cheers, i may drop them a request. Lets hope they are better than Strava for actioning requests.

BrokenBootneck | 4 years ago
0 likes

Bugger. Between that and the small screen it puts me off. On my edge 1000 I use 7 data fields and get the map every time i need a turn. The bolt just doesn’t do what I really need/like. Shame as everything else is faultless. Screen is too small for more than a few data fields and my eyesight is brilliant according to the optometrist. At over twenty mph you can’t use more than about 6 fields. 

Also the out front mount, isn’t really out front enough.

Shame really. Hopefully the roam is better. 

amazon22 | 4 years ago
0 likes

No, you'll get a sound warning (if sound is switched on) and text with direction arrow over the page you're on, but it doesn't switch to the map page as a Garmin might. Least ways, that's how my Bolt works.

Latest Comments