Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

3T Strada - Sizing help!

Hello,

I am looking for some advice from current or previous 3T Strada Team owners, particularly regarding sizing!

I’ve always been drawn to unusual, slightly quirky bikes and this one is now available at a more reasonable price so I may consider one. I’m aware they split opinion but to me it looks great.

This would be a bike for club rides and chaingangs and flattish terrain – I have a bike for the hills. I’m fairly flexible and like to ride fast.

What I can’t get my head around is the geometry of this bike.

I’m 174cm, 61kg and all my other bikes are Small (Look), 50cm BMC, 52cm SuperSix and all have similar Stack (Avg 530mm) and Reach (Avg 379mm) figures. The Average Top Tube is 533mm.

However, the Small 3T has a Stack of 507mm and a Reach of 369mm. But the Top Tube length is 529mm.

The Medium 3T looks at first glance to be too big, with a TT of 550mm but the Stack (536mm) and Reach (381mm) are spot on.

Any advice on real world riders and sizing would be very much appreciated. I am also trying my hardest to find somewhere to test these bikes out, but I haven’t had any luck so far.

Many thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments