Home

Hi,I want to do a sportive on a Diverse E5. I currently have the stock tyres fitted 30c espoir sport. I was thinking of changing to conti 4 seasons in ethier 28c or 32c . Would you choose this tyre and if so what width.

11 comments

Luca Patrono [51 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

I have 32c 4 Seasons on mine, as I use mine on a wide variety of surfaces. I doubt there is much in it speed wise between 28c and 32c, so I go for comfort.

JohnnyEnglish [35 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Can't comment on 4 Seasons but I have an E5 fitted with Roubaix 30/32. They roll better than stock Espoir tyres but are still tough enough for light to medium gravel (I believe they were designed for cobbles) - I'd be happy to do a spotive on them.

RafatheRed [31 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

I heard the conti is a hard tyre to get on,is this true?

StraelGuy [1727 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

The 4 Seasons isn't a great sportive tyre, they have quite a high rolling resistance, they're far better suited to winter riding on icy roads. The Grand Prix GT is a far better option, they're pretty much designed as a sportive tyre.

0 likes

Ok,so maybe have 4 seasons from September to February. GP4000 for the remainder of the year?

StraelGuy [1727 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Sounds like a plan smiley.

check12 [306 posts] 3 weeks ago
2 likes

just get conti 4000s in 28mm and that's you sorted - 

https://www.merlincycles.com/continental-gp4000s-ii-folding-tyres-with-2...

£64 for 2 and innertubes (get the conti ones) too, just select the correct options on the page.

Woldsman [333 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Yeah, ridden all my sportives since replacing the stock Giant 23mm jobbies on Continental GP4000s II in 25mm. Recommended. 

0 likes

Hi all, thanks for the info,

My inner rims are 21mm,would the 28's fit ok.If so i think i have decided on 4 seasons for winter training and Gp 4000's for the sportive's next year.

cheers.

check12 [306 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

28mm 4000s will fit on the rim no problem, they’ll be 32mm+ so whether they will fit in your frame depends on how big your clearances are, the 25mm will be 28mm+ if the 28mms (32mm+) don’t fit in your frame. 

0 likes

ok thanks,my frame can fit up to 38mm,so the 28's sound good to me.Thanks