Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Warwickshire based Road Race

Hi All, 

Not the usual kind of post in here, but I thought I'd post up about my clubs annual road race.

It's a Cat 3/4 race over 45miles.

The course is fast flowing with just three corners and one small hill, it's a good opportunity for someone new to racing to experience a fast safe course or just for racers to pick up some end of season points.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/194874/RLSCC-Friz-Hill-RR

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

peted76 | 4 years ago
1 like

Sam Hardy took the win, riding for University of Bath CC, sponsored by ROAD.CC ! 

beverlyfred | 4 years ago
0 likes

I live not far from this course and used to race up Fritz Hill in the old Stratford RR but on a longer lap. I assume this isn't used because of the traffic calming on the crem road back into Wellesbourne (this was a brilliant road race course and although it was won from the break a lot there was always the possibility of the bunch catching them so exciting for spectators and most riders who raced felt like they had a chance of winning or at least being competitive).

For those that can climb pretty well you can go up this on a 53 x 18/19/21 (what I used to use racing up here). I now use a 39 x 21/23/25 as I'm a lot older, fatter and far less fit.

I rode what I think is the course yesterday at the end of a longish ride. If you can climb this would be a good race, not for me though. I can post the profile and what I assume is the route if people are interested.

dave atkinson | 4 years ago
0 likes

It'll be big enough

peted76 | 4 years ago
0 likes

it's just a little hill.... 

dave atkinson | 4 years ago
0 likes

a hill? I'm out  1

peted76 | 4 years ago
0 likes

here's the flyer