Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Jersey colour advice please

Im being a bit vain but hey ho, Ive got some Madison Addict shorts in Fern Green 
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/411WjOD-E7L.jpg

and currently only my gray jersey goes with it. What colour would you suggest that matches?

My others are red/black, black/red, red, black/orange.

To be fair, they are great shorts though.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Nice.

bechdan | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ive ordered one of these, should be interesting if nothing else!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Sz4AAOSwXfNc9cmn/s-l1600.jpg

my road outfit is notably more subdued, other than a high viz top when commuting of course

bechdan | 4 years ago
0 likes

ah colour wheel, thats a useful idea, just google searched it.

Yes Purpleish, or as ktache said oranges.

ta

Dr_Lex | 4 years ago
0 likes

The colour wheel would suggest a red or fuschia, but as a SWM, I think it’d take a guide from the Wimbledon tennis colours and team it with a purple. Not too fluoro, though. Happy to help.

ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

I think the orange/black could be good, the right orange to work with that green could be difficult, but you WILL be seen.

bechdan | 4 years ago
1 like

I didn't realise being a 'roadie' meant you were colourblind, my bad, I'm glad I ride road and off road then.

Simon E replied to bechdan | 4 years ago
0 likes

bechdan wrote:

I didn't realise being a 'roadie' meant you were colourblind, my bad, I'm glad I ride road and off road then.

It was a reference to the perceived tribalism between various 'types' of cyclists, nothing to do with being colourblind.

If you're concerned about your appearance perhaps it's time to work on a sense of colour co-ordination. Or ask a female relative or a LGBTQ friend to help you out.  3

As a straight male roadie with conservative aesthetic tastes I'd opt for neutrals - black or white, though a totally contrasting colour may work e.g the black/orange. Or find a jersey with some of the same green in it.

matthewn5 | 4 years ago
0 likes

They're mountain bike shorts... How can us roadies offer advice?

Latest Comments