Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Heart rate gps

Hi, I have an Edge 25, love it to bits, does my short distance efforts, tens and indoor sessions, a treat. However the battery runs out now when on longer runs, club runs, after around 3 hours +. Any reccomendations for something with a longer battery run that gives me heart rate and gps feed back without giving me a bank balance heart attack!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

fukawitribe | 4 years ago
0 likes

Lezyne Mega C / XL might be worth a look - good reviews, ridiculous battery life and navigation. Widely available around £150, or less if you're a British Cycling member.

fixation80 replied to fukawitribe | 4 years ago
0 likes

fukawitribe wrote:

Lezyne Mega C / XL might be worth a look - good reviews, ridiculous battery life and navigation. Widely available around £150, or less if you're a British Cycling member.

Hi thanks for that, I've been perusing the Lezine products, they look quite good, may invest!

Daveyraveygravey | 4 years ago
1 like

I bought a Giant Neostrack from Ribble recently, 109 of your pounds.  Claimed battery life is 33 hours, which is what sold it to me, along with the cost.  The equivalent Bolt or Garmin will cost double that. 

Do you already have a HRM?  If not you need to add around £20 to the cost of most devices people will recommend.

I also have an Amazfit Pace watch, it's a bit of Chinese Applewatch alike.  It has a hrm on the inside of the strap, it will track a lot of different activities, but you couldn't use it to navigate by.  They are £80 at the moment but I think I got mine for nearer £50.

fixation80 replied to Daveyraveygravey | 4 years ago
0 likes

Daveyraveygravey wrote:

I bought a Giant Neostrack from Ribble recently, 109 of your pounds.  Claimed battery life is 33 hours, which is what sold it to me, along with the cost.  The equivalent Bolt or Garmin will cost double that. 

Do you already have a HRM?  If not you need to add around £20 to the cost of most devices people will recommend.

I also have an Amazfit Pace watch, it's a bit of Chinese Applewatch alike.  It has a hrm on the inside of the strap, it will track a lot of different activities, but you couldn't use it to navigate by.  They are £80 at the moment but I think I got mine for nearer £50.

Thanks for the reply, Ribble no longer stock the Neostack, the Amazfit looks interesting but I have a preference for chest strap connection, cheers.

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
1 like

Wahoo bolt!!

Great little device...battery lasts forever.

But...depends on how much you wanna spend. There are probably cheaper alternatives for the basic stuff you need it for

fixation80 replied to EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
0 likes

StoopidUserName wrote:

Wahoo bolt!! Great little device...battery lasts forever. But...depends on how much you wanna spend. There are probably cheaper alternatives for the basic stuff you need it for

Yep, a bit outside my price range but looks the part, cheers and thanks.

Latest Comments