Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Prime Day - Garmin Edge

I currently have a Garmin Edge 520 (with maps added as an when required via the guide on DCRainmakers blog) and am mulling over jumping on one of the prime day deals for either the Edge 520 Plus (£150) or the 820 (£170). 

Due to a promotion, I have £10 credit if I order either and am considering whether to bother upgrading at all and just stick with my 520, which is about three years old.

If I did upgrade I would look to sell the 520 on Facebook for £80-£100 so it wouldn't be that great an outlay for either.

The 820 seems to get slated for the touchscreen but I am trying to work out if it is worth an extra £20 versus the 520 plus.

Although Wahoo could be an option, I have a varia radar light and vector 3s pedals (crank length 175) so don't want the hassle of incompatibility.

Does anyone have any experience of the 820, is it much better than either the 520 or the 520 plus or should I stick with what I have already?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments