Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Oh dear, Mumsnet do Pavement Cycling, what could possibly go wrong?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

alansmurphy | 4 years ago
2 likes

I seem to have outed some of the reasonable ones, they've still got ingrained hatred and cannot see the nonesensical in what they write though.

Having said that, one of my Facebook friends responded to me sharing the Boardman video with the usual "wrong is wrong" videos, completely missing the size of each problem and the likely damage. Worry is he's a father and local councillor!

10 likes

I went subtle:

Username: YouMumsAreLovely

Are you all mums?

Because I really fear for the future of society if this is the kind of educating you're engaged in!

Just to clarify, how much are you willing to pay for your Chardonnay to have a number plate on her Peppa Pig trike and be tested for her driving abilities? Or rather, do you prefer to hurl swear words at her whilst she gets fat on turkey twizzlers inspired by diamond crush on her knocked off iPad?

Mungecrundle replied to alansmurphy | 4 years ago
7 likes

alansmurphy wrote:

I went subtle:

Are you all mums?

Because I really fear for the future of society if this is the kind of educating you're engaged in!

Just to clarify, how much are you willing to pay for your Chardonnay to have a number plate on her Peppa Pig trike and be tested for her driving abilities? Or rather, do you prefer to hurl swear words at her whilst she gets fat on turkey twizzlers inspired by diamond crush on her knocked off iPad?

Like a weasel in a rabbit warren.

Keep up the good work.

hawkinspeter replied to Mungecrundle | 4 years ago
3 likes

Mungecrundle wrote:

alansmurphy wrote:

I went subtle:

Are you all mums?

Like a weasel in a rabbit warren.

Keep up the good work.

A weasel?

OldRidgeback replied to alansmurphy | 4 years ago
1 like

alansmurphy wrote:

I went subtle:

Are you all mums?

That's a brilliant post - made me laugh anyway  1 

Hirsute | 4 years ago
3 likes

This thread needs a warning for those of a nervous disposition.

7 likes

Classy b**tch

4 likes

Never trust anyone that can't even use the right number of *** stars in their swearing rants!

brooksby replied to alansmurphy | 4 years ago
3 likes

alansmurphy wrote:

Never trust anyone that can't even use the right number of *** stars in their swearing rants!

I put the stars in, in case I offended any gentle souls here blush - the OP on Mumsnet used the full and unexpigated sweary words...

AlsoSomniloquism replied to alansmurphy | 4 years ago
0 likes

alansmurphy wrote:

The original one isn't censored. So you aren't trusting Brooksby in this case.

Edit: slow reading and posting meant duplicated points. 

brooksby | 4 years ago
7 likes

What about this one, from someone called 'picklypickles'?  I wonder if they live in the New Forest?

Quote:

I absolutely **** hate cyclists with a passion, I live in a national park and they swarm like **** flies here and cause nothing but trouble. They ignore the beautiful cycle paths through moorland and forests so that they can sit 3 abreast in the middle of EVERY SINGLE road, not even pedalling just **** sitting there admiring the scenery and chatting amongst themselves while a huge stream of traffic builds up behind them for mile after mile, or they hurtle through little villages flying around blind corners without a single thought for pedestrians/horses or anything else. They are deliberately antagonistic, trying desperately to kick off some altercation with anyone they can so they can post their stupid headcam footage on social media and have everyone tell them how righteous they are. **** pricks the lot of them.

Too slow AND too fast, again 

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
3 likes

Sorry, I could only stomach a few posts. They were less rabid than I expected though.

I like this one that raises a question that more cyclists should be asking about PPE on the roads:

Quote:

“Was she wearing hi-viz”

Why? Are we all supposed to wear hi viz now when walking on pavements in case a cyclist on the pavement wishes to speed along the same pavement? [confused]

kil0ran replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
5 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

Sorry, I could only stomach a few posts. They were less rabid than I expected though.

I like this one that raises a question that more cyclists should be asking about PPE on the roads:

Quote:

“Was she wearing hi-viz”

Why? Are we all supposed to wear hi viz now when walking on pavements in case a cyclist on the pavement wishes to speed along the same pavement? [confused]

That was me yes

hawkinspeter replied to kil0ran | 4 years ago
3 likes

kil0ran wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Quote:

“Was she wearing hi-viz”

That was me yes

Noice!

Latest Comments