Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lezyne Super GPS Ally App copying routes over to unit issue...

I copied some rides in Ride with GPS and saved them as "routes" and then saved them as TCX files and then copy the TCX files over the the Ally App but the App copies them over as GPX-3D and my phone will try to send but will not go through to the GPS unit.   Anyone else have the same issue and hopefully solved?  I tried contacing Lezyne but they will only help if you are American.  Ride with GPS gave me a free trial of their Premium to see if that would make a difference with saving which it did not.   I have everything updated and am using a Samsung S9 phone.   I've also sent a bad review to the Ally App and am still waiting to see if I get a response from them. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

monkeybikegirl | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks everyone, am going to try again with everyone's suggestions.  I don't think I'm far off on getting this to work but must just be missing a step somewhere.    Ride w GPS was kind enough to give me a free week of Premium to try to see if that would help.  I've just been taking other people's rides that are already posted and copying them over to routes and then over to the App.  I'm going to try the tracing option and see if after I do that and then save it if it makes a difference when sending. 

cyclefaster | 4 years ago
0 likes

This might be useful and it what helped me solve the issue (if it is the same one you are having)

https://ridewithgps.com/help/ride-into-a-route

After having my Super GPS for nearly a year, I am really happy with it and the long battery life is great. It's just a shame that the Ally app is a bit difficult to use and I've ended up having to pay for RWGPS to get decent mapping.  Whenever I try with the App or desktop version of the ALLY route planning it often tries to take me on unsuitable paths. 

antigee | 4 years ago
0 likes

only just bought one and am learning - I use ridewithgps to plot and record routes and have set up on a windows pc  (premium to get the route split/join/edit ) 

In ridewithgps after saved a planned route click on MORE then select export as GPX and send somewhere you can find it -I  have a files to upload folder on desktop, Lezyne seem to suggest letter and numbers only in names

Open Lezyneroot on a pc (for me) https://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps

on the banner click on  devicefeatures and select Routes 

click the choose files button 

navigate to your saved file highlight and click on open 

click on upload 

pick up on how to finish using phone and bluetooth connected GPS  on page 2 of 

https://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_upload.php

which is a separate doc to the super instructions for some odd reason 

hit menu button on gps until get Directions I'm not convinced that it toggles auto with data screens though I've set it up to do that and if doesn't I'll be fed up as I want to see ride data mostly and the  off route warning  and on route and occasional arrow which is all you get and  which I'm happy with didn't want full mapping  - can pull out phone to check detail 

unless like me really want to continue using ridewithgps it would make more sense to create routes on a smartphone in the ally ap'

hope helps

monkeybikegirl | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the response.  I'm going to try again and see .  Also the Ally App has just sent me their contract info so I will also go that route if the above 2 suggestions don't work. 

cyclefaster | 4 years ago
0 likes

I think the problem is that you need to use the "trace route" (cant remember if that is the correct name) to get turn by turn. That is a premium feature on RWGPS. Otherwise you just get the Line to follow.

Had that issue the first time I tried to copy in a sportive route.

Glyno | 4 years ago
1 like

I plot routes in RWGPS, save them as GPX files (don't bother with TCX as I don't require the turn-by-turn directions) and then upload into Lezyne's GPS Root App. It then shows as a saved route in the Ally app on my Macro GPS. The only issues I've had have been user error (my ignorance)  2

Try phoning Upgrade Bikes on 01403 711611, they are really very, very helpful.

Latest Comments