Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Planet X/Carnac helmets

Does anyone use a Carnac Notus evo helmet? What are the sizes and fit like. I measure a 57/58 cm so sit right between the size guide of s/m 54-58,  l/xl 58-61. Mail order so can’t try on. I would rather go for the smaller size but worry it may be too snug a fit. Can any one help?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
0 likes

Google collect+ and enter the weight and dimensions. Instant quote and drop it off down the newsagents.

Kieran0885 | 4 years ago
0 likes

well my helmet came today. And.... it’s too small. Fits great at the sides avoiding that mushroom look. But didn’t fit at the back. I must have an oval head shape. Does anyone know how much postage will be to send it back? 

alansmurphy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Or they steal the innovation that other brands pay for and copy stuff using cheaper labour working in piss poor conditions...

EddyBerckx replied to alansmurphy | 4 years ago
0 likes

alansmurphy wrote:

Or they steal the innovation that other brands pay for and copy stuff using cheaper labour working in piss poor conditions...

this.

add zero hours contracts in a sports direct model from what I understand...

Planetxdave replied to EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
1 like

You are welcome to pop into our warehouse and meet our staff , we dont have any zero hours contract working "in a sports direct model " .  I think staff morale is pretty good , but I would invite you to come see yourself not guess things that float round the internet . 

We might occasionally utilise an agency for periods when operationally we are extremely busy , and many of these actually  become full time employees if they like it .    

Remember , customers expect quick delivery , if we have a large upsurge in orders it requires some flexibility in able to increase capacity , but generally  our regular team manage and are all gainfully fully employed in deepest Rotherham . 

dave

this.

add zero hours contracts in a sports direct model from what I understand...

[/quote]

gbzpto | 4 years ago
0 likes

Planet x stuff really shows how much we are being ripped off by the bigger brands. I guess their direct to market model cuts out a couple of the middle men and reduces the cost. I have some of their Carnac helmets great stuff

Kieran0885 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all replies. I tried a friends l/xl on. It seemed quite loose on my head and needed a lot of adjustment. I have ordered the s/m. Due to be delivered soon. I will update when I have tried it on. 

kil0ran | 4 years ago
0 likes

I sized up. There's loads of adjustment in the cradle so shouldn't be an issue. Extremely comfortable, space for a cycling cap underneath and all in an awesome helmet for £Free (got it in a Christmas bundle with a bunch of other stuff - wasn't expecting to wear it much as I've got a good lid already, but it's relegated that one to touring bike duties).

The only thing I'm not too keen on is the chinstrap buckle - easily rectified by an elastic band. Mine came loose - there are no teeth on the buckle for the strap to snug up against.

Joe Totale | 4 years ago
0 likes

I have both a Notus Race Road and a Notus Evo, both are great helmets which are comfortable. The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

My head was on the boundary as well so I went larger as I usually wear a cap as well, it fits great. 

Planet X's pricing can be pretty random, I picked up both helmets for £13 each, if the price isn't to your liking just wait a couple of weeks and it'll probbably have changed! 

Jez Ash replied to Joe Totale | 4 years ago
0 likes
Joe Totale wrote:

The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

I'm not convinced that's true. They look similar, but there are fairly obvious differences.

bechdan replied to Jez Ash | 4 years ago
1 like

Jez Ash wrote:
Joe Totale wrote:

The Notus Evo uses the same shell as the Specialized Evade but is a fraction of the price. 

I'm not convinced that's true. They look similar, but there are fairly obvious differences.

yes, £120

Ignoring the slight difference in rotation of the pictures, they look remarkably similar no?

Ive got a Notus Evo and it feels good.

El Camino | 4 years ago
0 likes

I have a Notus Evo in the 58-61 size. My head measures a Shrek-like 61cm and the helmet fits just fine.
I think this particular model is pretty much true to size. It also feels and looks great.
I also have a Carnac Croix in the same size but this feels a little tighter. It seems like sizing/fit varies between different models in the Carnac range.
Top quality, though. Much prefer them to my previous Spesh lids.

joeegg | 4 years ago
0 likes

I take a 58 and bought a Carnac Aura in 54/58. Fit is fine.

bechdan | 4 years ago
0 likes

Not tried the Notus but I've found the other planetx / carnac road helmets to be on the small side, the on-one one was fine though

Latest Comments