Home

Open for buisness!

19 comments

Condor Andy [705 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Still a few teams to confirm rosters, so expect some updates.

MinardiM189 [516 posts] 4 days ago
0 likes

Thought I was doing all right in Stage 1 until I went to look for the start time of Langveld. indecision

Dr Winston [706 posts] 4 days ago
0 likes

You did well.

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

Gecko-cyclist [50 posts] 4 days ago
0 likes

I feel like i’m making a lot of bad decisions lately but then I take note that i’ve gone back up from 5th OR to 2nd OR. ..showing that everybody else is making equally “bad decisions”....I think cycling must be going through a less predictable phase maybe. On the plus side...my brother has finally beaten me in a standard game after 18 months of trying (Dauphine)...i’m pleased he’s in the game now instead of trying to pick Tony Rominger...

[/quote]

Maybe the effect of smaller team sizes is filtering through. It feels like teams seem more interested in having quality riders in the break so they don't have to work and Sky, Bora and Quickstep aren't chasing down all the moves anymore and being selective about when to use their firepower.

Similar to you I've been ill and down the league like a brides nightie of late. I'd be interested if more breaks have really stuck, or if course designers have been more successful in keeping all options open or it's just a perception from poor picking of teams recently?

Gecko-cyclist [50 posts] 4 days ago
0 likes

That's up and down not ill and down. Stupid predictive text!

Condor Andy [705 posts] 2 days ago
0 likes

I forgot that Viviani was in this race when making transfers yesterday....

Dr Winston [706 posts] 1 day ago
0 likes

Thomas down and looking out. 

Sniffer [622 posts] 1 day ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

I managed to drop him, thinking he wouldn’t get over the last climb. Duh

MinardiM189 [516 posts] 1 day ago
0 likes
Sniffer wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Sniffer [622 posts] 18 hours ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

I thought today was tomorrow and took him out too.

Brought him back in today. Seemed to be worth it as it was GVA that I dropped.

archieboy [84 posts] 16 hours ago
0 likes

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Dr Winston [706 posts] 14 hours ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Looks like stg 9 route has had to be revised as Sustenpass is not yet open.

So a 105 km alternative route has been set up, but it's still brutal.

Aye...maybe more brutal.

Dr Winston [706 posts] 14 hours ago
0 likes

Does anybody know why Kelderman bombed in the opening TT?...141st smells more like mechanical to me or is he on a steady race to just turn his legs over?

stevemarks [588 posts] 5 hours ago
0 likes

The big change day obvious suspects coming in and everyone seems to believe Bernal is a shoein. Is he really that good?

Condor Andy [705 posts] 2 hours ago
0 likes

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

Dr Winston [706 posts] 2 hours ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

Kelderman's first race back from injury, probably not pushing it too hard in an effort to be in his best shape for the Tour, especially if Tommy D doesn't show up.

I guess we'll see if Bernal is that good Steve. His results in the past two years seem to suggest he is, and what's his competition here? Mas is probably the obvious one, but who else will challenge him?

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

stevemarks [588 posts] 1 hour ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

So not mechanical then. Mmmm....he’s a fairly obvious pick for the next four days if all things were equal...mmm again. Might just arrange the furniture to bring him in later.

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Dr Winston [706 posts] 24 min ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:
Condor Andy wrote:

Yes after Bernal and Mas I was struggling Costa Spilak Betancur?

I went with Cathy, Jane and Viv. 

Just realised I left Soler out and maybe shouls swap him in for Fraile, but as its a good breakaway day I sort of prefer not to use the transfer.

Now I've written all that I am probably damned whatever I do. indecision

Do you think a big break?....

Dr Winston [706 posts] 12 min ago
0 likes

Just spotted an Omar Fraile “not on the start list” posted....