Home

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/920063/1/rich-energy-loses-legal-battle-ov...

...not that it was ever in doubt, although it hasn't stopped Rich Energy planning an appeal - perhaps they hope the next judge will be registered blind.

6 comments

kil0ran [1410 posts] 1 week ago
3 likes

More to this than meets the eye. F1 sponsorship is rarely cheap, even for a midfield team, and the drink appears to be rarer than unicorn sweat. Where's the money coming from? Peckham Spring anyone?

Rick_Rude [138 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Never heard of the drink. Will probably notice it straight away in the supermarket now.

srchar [1332 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

You won't Rick. It seems that it is impossible to get hold of (not that I've tried, or want to buy it) - possibly for the reason hinted at by kil0ran above.

Dr_Lex [497 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Rich Energy set-up & funding smells fishier than old Billingsgate on a hot Summer’s day. 

Jalopnik article on the F1 sponsorship angle

Yesterday’s High Court judgment against RE on the copyright infringement. Quite a read, but interesting on the credibility angle of RE.

srchar [1332 posts] 1 week ago
2 likes

Wow - "Mr Storey explained that it had produced 90 million cans, but had not yet filled and sold them."

I'd love to see their warehouse. That's about 10 Olympic swimming pools worth of empty cans.

brooksby [4364 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

That court judgement is pretty scathing.

(Got to be honest, I've drunk a lot of energy drinks in my time and I don't think I've ever heard of this company/brand...)