Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Ultimate Re-cabling

In the process of re-cabling a canyon ultimate frame - routing of cables has gone fairly smoothly but having trouble with the front mech cable.

The rubber bung that protects the cable entry into the frame has come off and cannot seem to re-attach.

Have checked the canyon diagrams and show that it should just slot over. Not having any luck so far of it staying in place.

Anyone have any advice?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

AfterPeak | 4 years ago
0 likes

Not sure I understand. Could you put a photo with how you think it all goes together?

The guard pipe would be held in the rear derailler by an end cap on the outer gear cable. The other bits I dont know where they go but if they are bungs for entry to the frame I would say the rigid nature of the gear cable outer should be holding them in.

Hope that helps 

Bsutton | 4 years ago
0 likes

Great spot that is just an old piece for the rear mech.

The rubber bung holds it in place but doesn’t feel very secure at all!

AfterPeak | 4 years ago
0 likes

I only know this as I have had to order one before (https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-duraace-rd9000-guard-pip...).

AfterPeak | 4 years ago
0 likes

The piece on the right looks like a guard pipe for a rear derailleur cable where the cable goes into the derailleur barrel adjuster. Not for the frame

Bsutton | 4 years ago
0 likes

I think main issue is that the plastic piece has dropped out of the frame, have attached a photo.

How is it held in place? Just by the rubber bung from the outside?

Canyon48 | 4 years ago
0 likes

That's strange, I found my Ultimate super easy to recable.

The little bung should just go over the cable and push into the hole in the frame and it stays in place.

Have you got a photo of the bung and of it in place?

Latest Comments