Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of the Alps

Ye or nae?

5 WT teams going - AG2R (Vuillermoz, Geniez); Astana (Lopez, Bilbao); Bahrain Merida (Nibali); Bora (Majka); and Sky (Bernal, Froome). 9 PCT teams going, a Team Italy, and 5 local CT teams.

5 stages total and 5 jerseys to give out: GC, points, KOM, sprints, and youth. Stages look interesting, no huge summit finishes, but nothing flat, and nothing hugely long.

If we run it, I'll need to add some riders in and re-jig the CT teams. It won't count towards the season leagues, it'll just be for fun.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Chasing shadows all week.

bring Vlasov in he has a dad day, take him out he has a good day, bring him in again he has a bad day

bring Thalman in he has a bad day, take him out he has a good day

leave Masnada in he has a bad day, take Masnada out he wins the next stage

Shame that Nibali attacking helped Sivakov cut the gap to Masnada and if Masnada had zipped his jacket up earlier he would have won it.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

bring Vlasov in he has a dad day, take him out he has a good day, bring him in again he has a bad day

Shame that Nibali attacking helped Sivakov cut the gap to Masnada and if Masnada had zipped his jacket up earlier he would have won it.

I have done similar things.  It is a function of all the spare transfers we had.  With the stages being similar we have had spares to gamble with and I am sure many, like me, will have some unused ones.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

I have done similar things.  It is a function of all the spare transfers we had.  With the stages being similar we have had spares to gamble with and I am sure many, like me, will have some unused ones.

It’s been a great race fantasy wise....a very reduced field of picks with lots of riders we may not usually pick en masse. A proper Morcambe and Wise with Andre Previn job.... “I’m playing all the right notes...but not necessarily in the right order”...

Also...a good example why having more transfers can be both a good and bad thing....Andy could have a lot of fun setting up these just for fun games.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Andy could have a lot of fun setting up these just for fun games.

I can play with basically everything. Tinker with the rider value system, number of riders, number of transfers, scoring systems, you name it. The only things I can't changed are the things that are hard coded into the game, eg. limiting to 2 riders per team.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
2 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Andy could have a lot of fun setting up these just for fun games.

I can play with basically everything. Tinker with the rider value system, number of riders, number of transfers, scoring systems, you name it. The only things I can't changed are the things that are hard coded into the game, eg. limiting to 2 riders per team.

I gathered that you could from previous convos. You could throw us some real curve balls...and should do. 

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

I underused mind. 3 left probably has a lot to do with my lowly rank this time around.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Kept Bilbao. I’m amazed they left Hirt so exposed.

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

So my gamble.......

Can anyone guess what it was?

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

So my gamble.......

Can anyone guess what it was?

Surely not bringing Masnada in...was it?

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Nope....The exact opposite!

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Nope....The exact opposite!

Ouch. Well I doubt anybody saw that day coming really...in fact I bet quite a few took him out.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Crikey. Sky handed the race over to Masnada...maybe...How did they let this happen?

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Crikey. Sky handed the race over to Masnada...maybe...How did they let this happen?

They lost control of the gap on the descent of the 1st big climb.

Majka crashed on the descent and I guess Sky were more worried about injuries than losing the race.

They also underestimated Masnada.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

They lost control of the gap on the descent of the 1st big climb.

Majka crashed on the descent and I guess Sky were more worried about injuries than losing the race.

They also underestimated Masnada.

Definotley low risk for SKY seems to be the order this week. 

Nibali looks so strong this week....just rode away again from the peleton...

0 likes

5 points off the top on the stage! Cataldo over Masnada!

I've made a bold call for tomorrow, let's see if it pays off Cotton.

0 likes

I have 1-2-3-4-6-7-10-16 and 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 in GC.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Today will be mainly about  Thalmann, Bilbao, Masnada and Carboni I suspect...whichever one we have.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Finishing up with transfers left over again.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

1-2-3-4-6-7-10-20 and 1234567 in GC trust me to be different/wrong!

All I can say in my defense is that I nearly went with Carboni.

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Well, I predict today will see some unbelievably high scoring.  I know I had 1-2-3-4-5-6 and it seems likely someone will have had 7 and 8 also.

MinardiM189 replied to jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Well, I predict today will see some unbelievably high scoring.  I know I had 1-2-3-4-5-6 and it seems likely someone will have had 7 and 8 also.

How did you manage to get 3 Sky riders?

jollygoodvelo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Mistyped  4  That would be a good trick...

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

jollygoodvelo wrote:

I think he is talking about the overall?

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Oh Aye. Very high...

Very good race. A reduced field of main contenders has been great to watch tactically...a real opposite to the classics where literally dozens could win.

Good stuff...

0 likes

Do we all have identical teams now or what? I can see most of us might have seven of the same riders, it just depends who we have as the 8th. I have one transfer for tomorrow.

0 likes

The thing is, this is a different year for Froome. He doesn't have multiple goals and he's getting a wee bit older. It's all for that 5th Tour. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins nothing else the whole year.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

The thing is, this is a different year for Froome. He doesn't have multiple goals and he's getting a wee bit older. It's all for that 5th Tour. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins nothing else the whole year.

Very true Andy. I think it was Minardi who wrote that cycling in general seems to suddenly be in a time of a changing of the guard. He may be right and Foome might be on the cusp of that maybe. Certainly some very young and exciting riders around who aren’t holding back....

0 likes

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Seemed odd that he was burned out on the way down. It was a tough climb so he did the hardest bit....he seems to be wandering into a series of excuse me's...

maviczap replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Obviously his form isn't there, and neither should it be if he's targeting the Tour, it's all preparation for him. I'd be concerned if this was the Dauphine. Plus it was a scetchy descent, so why risk your main goal for the season by descending like Nibali.

Having 2 team mates higher up the GC means he can ride his own race, rather than compete for the overall.

Pages

Latest Comments