Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Turkey

Is the Tour of Turkey included in the competition this year?

Starts on 16th April

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Personally I'm glad if ToT isn't included.  We'd all end up with identical teams except for a random choice of lucky-dip ProConti riders, and after the first couple of days it would be clear which of those are "on form".

Tour of the Alps look like it might have a decent startlist?

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
1 like

I think moving the race forward was a big mistake.

It clashes with the classics and doesn't fit in with riders preparation for the Giro & TdF.

Not surprising the turnout of top teams is getting worse.

If you do the Tour of the Alps will it count towards the season competitions?

Condor Andy replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

No it won't, it'll be just for fun.

The budget would be a major problem for Turkey. Jakobsen would be the most expensive and everyone else would be cheap as chips. It could be fun, I agree, but there's bigger stuff coming up.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

I think moving the race forward was a big mistake.

It clashes with the classics and doesn't fit in with riders preparation for the Giro & TdF.

Not surprising the turnout of top teams is getting worse.

Very big mistake strategically speaking. Done the race itself no favours whatsoever. Tour of the alps is wonderfully placed again just because of the trype of race it is compared to Turkey and where it sits relative to other races coming up....Turkey vs the Alps is an easy choice for the teams.

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
1 like

We're not doing it. It's not big enough and the start list isn't good enough. I was trying to find another race to fit in between Itzulia and Romandie, might do Tour of the Alps, but Turkey was just not good enough.

When I say 'we're' not doing it. I'm not setting it up, but if someone else wants to then we can run it. We just won't count it towards the season comp whatever we do. And yes, the Ardennes is coming up.

kmnaegeli replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

We're not doing it. It's not big enough and the start list isn't good enough. I was trying to find another race to fit in between Itzulia and Romandie, might do Tour of the Alps, but Turkey was just not good enough.

When I say 'we're' not doing it. I'm not setting it up, but if someone else wants to then we can run it. We just won't count it towards the season comp whatever we do. And yes, the Ardennes is coming up.

Fair enough. I think the horrid start list would be part of the fun... you could probably take the 8 most expensvie riders if you really wanted. It'd be a crapshoot of predictions and could be interesting.

But if you don't want to do it, so it goes. I'd be up for doing Tour of the Alps though. It's a better start list  1

kmnaegeli | 4 years ago
0 likes

I was just wondering the same thing. I don't know how much my vote matters, but I'd lvoe to see the race in the competition this year since it is a World Tour event.

Sniffer replied to kmnaegeli | 4 years ago
0 likes

kmnaegeli wrote:

I was just wondering the same thing. I don't know how much my vote matters, but I'd lvoe to see the race in the competition this year since it is a World Tour event.

A World Tour event in name, but with a very disappointing team list.  Only six World Tour teams.  Even the teams are voting with their lack of attendance on this race.

If there is a race I would play, but I will be watching the Ardennes classics rather than the Turkish race.

Latest Comments