Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best for grip Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case Road Tyre or Continental Gator Hardshell ?

Hi, Im from the U.K. middle aged and new to cycling, I would like some advice on these two tyres;- Bontrager AW1 Hard-case or Continental Gator hardshell [both 700 x 32].

I am looking for a tyre to use all year round and cope with all weather conditions, my main number one is which one would provide the better grip [cornering] in wet conditions ? secondly which is the "quicker/less effert required for better speed" of the two ? and last which of the two is better at resisting punctures ? Thanks for any help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Master Bean | 5 years ago
1 like
APOLLO118 replied to Master Bean | 5 years ago
0 likes

Master Bean wrote:

32mm 4 seasons are available. https://www.evanscycles.com/continental-grand-prix-4-season-700c-folding...

Good spot, thanks for your help laugh

Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
3 likes

Avoid Gator tyres if you're looking for grip as they don't really possess any!  If you can stretch to 4 Seasons then you'll be rewarded with both grip & speed.  Can't comment on the Bontragers though.

APOLLO118 replied to Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
0 likes

Rapha Nadal wrote:

Avoid Gator tyres if you're looking for grip as they don't really possess any!  If you can stretch to 4 Seasons then you'll be rewarded with both grip & speed.  Can't comment on the Bontragers though.

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the 4 Seasons and they do look good, I can only see a 700x28 but not a 700x32 would the 28 fit my wheel ? I should say the bike is a Trek FX 7.3 and is used for exercise/touring, I average about 12 Miles per hour, thanks again.

Latest Comments