Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta ao Algarve

There is a rider from CCC who is not even in the list of all riders, Jonas Koch. I expect we will see him in other races during the season.

I think the wrong Kragh Andersen is down for Sunweb it should be Soren and not Asbjorn.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

73 comments

Gecko-cyclist | 5 years ago
0 likes

I dont think you'll be on your own with few or less than optimal sprinters. I'm banking that some of the cheaper sprinters have recovered from their spill earlier in the week...

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I did think about bringing Demare in for the ITT but I'm not sure he will do much today.

That probably guarantees a win for him today.

I was too late to do anything about EBH not starting so like many people I drew a blank with him.

3 sprinters in for today -

JAKOBSEN
POELS
GROENEWEGEN
ANDERSEN S.K.
PHILIPSEN
POGACAR
ANTUNES
DE LA CRUZ

Not my ideal sprinter picks, I would have liked Ackermann but a few pennies short.

Hopefully Philipsen gets led out by Consonni today and not the other way around.

3 transfers left for tomorrow.

Mountain Renegade looking threatening , he had Groenewegen & Jakobsen in his team for yesterday's ITT.

0 likes

Jakobsen without his main lead out man. Martinelli DNS  2

0 likes

My team for stage 5

MAS
POELS
OOMEN
ANDERSEN S.K.
RODRIGUES J.
POGACAR
ANTUNES
DE LA CRUZ

I think the break will win and hopefully Rodrigues is the one.

0 likes

The break has finally gone -

Andreas Schillinger, Jonas Koch, Tim Declerque, Stefan Küng , Jasper de Buyst, Frederkik Frison e Nikolas Maes, Maarten Wynants , Nils Politt e Mads Wurtz Schimdt, Mads Pedersen, Kenneth van Blissen e Vicente García de Mateos.

Surprised to see Demare DNS giving up the points jersey.

Dr Winston replied to Gecko-cyclist | 5 years ago
0 likes

Gecko-cyclist wrote:

I dont think you'll be on your own with few or less than optimal sprinters. I'm banking that some of the cheaper sprinters have recovered from their spill earlier in the week...

With EBH out it was no points from one of my TT picks or a damned near guaranteed 35 points. Kinda decided it didn’t matter whether I used that extra transfer today or tomorrow.

Sunday looks like a close to 200pts day with full team and a bit of luck...so i’ll go for that and live with the thin day tomorrow.

Jakobsen Groenewegen Andersen Koch Poels Mas Antunes Pogacar...

Mind you...with a thin sprinter line up now some of the minor top 20 places may be up for the GC boys...Andersen could lead them in,

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

I did think about bringing Demare in for the ITT but I'm not sure he will do much today.

Demare wasn't far off.

So what to think for tomorrow ?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the break wins tomorrow. But who ?

Valgren, Spilak, Cummings, Kung, Pollit ?

Demare even.

3 transfers left what to do ?

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

My team for stage 5

MAS
POELS
OOMEN
ANDERSEN S.K.
RODRIGUES J.
POGACAR
ANTUNES
DE LA CRUZ

I think the break will win and hopefully Rodrigues is the one.

Same team as me but went for Spilak over Rodrigues.

Spilak, Brambilla, Herrada, Valgren...just a bit of a lottery really on a finish like that.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

The break has finally gone -

Andreas Schillinger, Jonas Koch, Tim Declerque, Stefan Küng , Jasper de Buyst, Frederkik Frison e Nikolas Maes, Maarten Wynants , Nils Politt e Mads Wurtz Schimdt, Mads Pedersen, Kenneth van Blissen e Vicente García de Mateos.

Surprised to see Demare DNS giving up the points jersey.

Ill or just done enough and resting...It was a massive effort on the ITT...

Dr Winston replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Gecko-cyclist wrote:

With EBH out it was no points from one of my TT picks or a damned near guaranteed 35 points. Kinda decided it didn’t matter whether I used that extra transfer today or tomorrow.

Sunday looks like a close to 200pts day with full team and a bit of luck...so i’ll go for that and live with the thin day tomorrow.

Jakobsen Groenewegen Andersen Koch Poels Mas Antunes Pogacar...

Mind you...with a thin sprinter line up now some of the minor top 20 places may be up for the GC boys...Andersen could lead them in,

3 transfers for Sunday

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Demare wasn't far off.

So what to think for tomorrow ?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the break wins tomorrow. But who ?

Valgren, Spilak, Cummings, Kung, Pollit ?

Demare even.

3 transfers left what to do ?

I only have two transfers left but quite happy with my team I'm going to bring Valgren and Yves Lambert in Just to use up the transfers. I thought I wanted to go for a Portugese to win from the break and was going for Jose Goncalves, I didn't so he'll probably do very well.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Ill or just done enough and resting...It was a massive effort on the ITT...

An extra days rest for Oomloop & K-B-K I think.

I think I may have top3 in both purist and standard competitions for this one. Pretty pleased with that considering EBH was a major part of my stratgey in both.

Pity it won't count to the overall competition.

But I did learn never to pick De La Cruz again :).

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

The best laid plans scuppered. EBH > Kung was the one transfer I tried to avoid having to do. One less sprinter for tomorrow.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Jeez...am I in time..,.Just seen a snippet that EBH isn’t starting...hope you all saw it...

No idea if it’s confirmed or not.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Jeez...am I in time..,.Just seen a snippet that EBH isn’t starting...hope you all saw it...

I suspected that might happen but haven't seen anything online to confirm it.

So he is still in my team for today.

I just saw his name is still on the starting times which was just published although he might not take the start.

UPDATE

Now confirmed Basson Hagen is ill and will not start today's stage :(.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I suspected that might happen but haven't seen anything online to confirm it.

So he is still in my team for today.

I just saw his name is still on the starting times which was just published although he might nit take the start

Zweeler called it...they’re usually right but not always. They called Laporte yesterday long before anybody else. I’ve taken him out but Zweeler calling it and his team calling it aren’t the same thing so we’ll see....he may have recovered overnight for all they know.

I’ll be miffed because i’d lined up stage three as my bigger day from the beginning...

stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

Aru for Kragh and thats it. Lots of changes needed for the last two stages and just 4 left. Badly managed really needed to get a better balance on the first stage. 

Good luck everyone.

stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

Kudos Minardi. great great call on Podacar. Im in a quandry now with few transfers left. Aru gets dumped whatever!

0 likes

Great stage. I didn't have Antunes but I was still rooting for him when he tried again at the finish.
On the other hand I do have DLC but he looked decidedly average after Taos pull for a good 3k?
Too many variables and not enough transfers...

Allan Bremner | 5 years ago
0 likes

It looks like the scores for this competition are being added onto the season total. It was supposed to be a just for fun competition, not counting towards any leagues. I think the same thing happened a few years ago and it took the road.cc team several weeks or months to sort it out.  

Dr Winston replied to Allan Bremner | 5 years ago
0 likes

Allan Bremner wrote:

It looks like the scores for this competition are being added onto the season total. It was supposed to be a just for fun competition, not counting towards any leagues. I think the same thing happened a few years ago and it took the road.cc team several weeks or months to sort it out.  

Aye...Gonna be a big fall. Who's that person at the top of our NW league. Was he in last year?

RoryC4 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Allan Bremner wrote:

Aye...Gonna be a big fall. Who's that person at the top of our NW league. Was he in last year?

Hi, I joined last year during the Tour de France after looking for a decent fantasy cycling game and found this one by far the best!

Dr Winston replied to RoryC4 | 5 years ago
0 likes

RoryC4 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Allan Bremner wrote:

Hi, I joined last year during the Tour de France after looking for a decent fantasy cycling game and found this one by far the best!

Hi Rory....I agree. I’d go further and say it’s the best fantasy game i’ve ever played of any kind in any sport. I do the football one with my son but it’s soooo slow and so much luck involved.

You know your stuff, really good. 

RoryC4 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

RoryC4 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Allan Bremner wrote:

Hi Rory....I agree. I’d go further and say it’s the best fantasy game i’ve ever played of any kind in any sport. I do the football one with my son but it’s soooo slow and so much luck involved.

Yup completely agree, I play both this and the football one with my dad and this is much more engaging. Should be a fun season ahead.

Dr Winston replied to RoryC4 | 5 years ago
0 likes

RoryC4 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

RoryC4 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Allan Bremner wrote:

Yup completely agree, I play both this and the football one with my dad and this is much more engaging. Should be a fun season ahead.

Allan is really good at this. He’s a master at saving his transfers and knowing when to accept a thin day. He’s the one you’ll need to watch.

0 likes

What to do tomorrow ?

A bit worried about EBH he came in 2nd last 27 minutes down. Did he get injured in the crash yesterday or was he saving himself for the ITT tomorrow.

Do I make 1 transfer for tomorrow or wait and see what happens?

DLC or not DLC ? That is the question.

He was pretty poor in the ITT in Valenciana

It will be interesting to see how Pogacar does in the ITT.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Wow...Pogacar was fantastic. I saw him riding TDU and thought he was good but maybe just a work in progress..I got that a bit wrong.

Sosa, Pogacar, Evenepoel...just some great talent coming through.

Speaking of which...what the hell happened to Konrad?

archieboy replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Wow...Pogacar was fantastic. I saw him riding TDU and thought he was good but maybe just a work in progress..I got that a bit wrong.

Sosa, Pogacar, Evenepoel...just some great talent coming through.

Speaking of which...what the hell happened to Konrad?

Don't forget  Van Der Poel had a win today aswell

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

*Scrolls up to see who had Pogacar...

Well done Minardi, only Oomen missing from that top 5 as well. And Dr Winston has 2-5. Damn good ride from Pogacar, and Antunes was in the breakaway and still held on, even had a pop at the stage win, but went too early.

0 likes

Yesterday worked out lucky for me as I only lost Groenewegen in the crash.

I did debate putting Andersen in today to save a transfer tommorrow as he could easily hang on for a steady climb and pick up points.  Went with Oomen in the end though as he was Sunwebs advertised GC rider and Andersen might have to work.  

It has made me wonder if whether a player is a Clydesdale or Gecko gives them an inbuilt optimism bias to a particular type of rider?

Either way it should be a good stage!

Pages

Latest Comments