Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Handlebar Bag with Giant Conduct System

Has anybody tried fitting a handlebar bag (dryback mounted on front of bars) with the giant conduct brake system fitted? Just wondering if its possible with the extra module on the front of the bars.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

pockstone | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have cross top levers on my rough stuff /gravel bike and faffed around for ages trying to find a system to fit a bar roll on to the front.

My solution in the end was to buy a very cheap wirework basket rack, which by luck hangs on the bars just between the brake levers and is ziptied to the forks with foam and tape protection. Onto this I strap a Podsacs drybag harness (also v. inexpensive. Planet X) and drybag.

The rack is plenty big enough to support a sleeping bag, bivi bag and warm quilted jacket. All held away from  cables and safe from sagging onto the front wheel.

It looks about as elegant as the inside of Steptoe's sideboard, but takes a lot of bulk off the back and allows me to leave the hefty panniers at home.

Also +1 for the stem cell...I have a home made/adapted version, very handy for snacks and bits and bobs.

(Am I coming across as a bit of a cheapskate?)

peted76 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have an alpkit stemcell also, great bit of kit. 

I don't think the conduct system would be a problem, a bar bag would usually sit underneath the  level of the bars anyway, I guess it depends on how flexible the hydralic hoses are which exit the underneath side of the conduct system.

PonteD | 5 years ago
0 likes

I use an alpkit "stemcell" bag that can attatch behind the bars tucked in next to the stem, I don't find it gets in the way of my knees or hands when on the tops.

Admittedly it isn't very large, I usually use it to carry extra bottles or food on longer rides, if I need to carry more I'll put it in a large saddle bag.

Latest Comments