Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Turbotime: Musical Treats

Soon be resigning myself to a bit of turbo time. 

My ipod playlist includes a mix of Chemical Brothers, Lindstrøm, Muse, Santana and others.

What else is going to keep me smiling whilst in the saddle?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Miller | 5 years ago
0 likes

Headphone wires are maddening when on rollers, I've recently switched to Enacfire wireless earbuds. They lack a bit of bass but the wirefree aspect is great.

JimD666 | 5 years ago
1 like

Normally a mix of Sabaton, Powerwolf, Hammerfall and Alestorm.

Unless I'm short on time. In that case its Dragonforce. 15 minutes of that and I'm looking for my lungs and wondering if Wiggle sell new legs.....

The Rake | 5 years ago
1 like

I go back to 80s metal with a mix of Metallica, Ac/DC, Helloween, Iron Maiden et al.

...And Justice for All (album) makes for a good session with a sting in the tail

PRSboy | 5 years ago
1 like

I have a bluetooth speaker... no need for headphones in your sweaty ears!  Good ones available on amazon for not too much, and the batteries last ages before a charge needed.

@simonmb... clearly you like a bit of guitar music, so I can highly recommend Joe Bonamassa- new album Redemption will have an hour of turbo time flying by!

simonmb replied to PRSboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

PRSboy wrote:

@simonmb... clearly you like a bit of guitar music, so I can highly recommend Joe Bonamassa- new album Redemption will have an hour of turbo time flying by!

Thanks @PRSboy. I'll check them out!

sergius | 5 years ago
1 like

I put the radio on as it's more distracting than music I know well.  Some of my fastest times on the turbo have been when I've been listening to Chris Moyles on Radio X (he can be a bit marmite, but I'm a child at heart and find him funny).

On a serious note - what does everyone do about headphone cables?  I don't have wireless ones for the turbo as I'd no doubt forget to charge the damn things and the "sport" ones have a tiny battery life compared to my big Sony ones which I use on the train. 

I've snagged the cable on numerous occasions now, one of these days I'll send my phone flying.  What does everyone else do?

simonmb replied to sergius | 5 years ago
0 likes

sergius wrote:

On a serious note - what does everyone do about headphone cables?  

I've snagged the cable on numerous occasions now, one of these days I'll send my phone flying.  What does everyone else do?

When I'm on the turbo I'm in a cycling jersey... so the iPod goes in one of the back pockets. Cables run up the inside, buds in ear. It's not actually an iPod, it's an iPhone, but you get my drift.

Kapelmuur | 5 years ago
1 like

The Atomic Mr Basie.

cmcg867 | 5 years ago
1 like

Pendulum's Immersion album is always a go-to for me when I really want to smash it out.

davel | 5 years ago
4 likes

Iron Maiden's entire 80s catalogue, dude. 

kil0ran | 5 years ago
1 like

New Orbital album is fantastic, particularly P.H.U.K & Tiny Foldable Cities

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
0 likes

Just realised - where's YorkshireWallet suggesting Slayer? Has he got lost on the way to these comments?

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
1 like

Die Antwoord or some One Eyed Doll or maybe a bit of SOAD.

dave atkinson | 5 years ago
1 like

I listen to this nonsense, which smashes along at about the pace my legs should be going round... 

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXylNB6p8BfMV4-XVI-FWWrTsPw7oR...

dave atkinson replied to dave atkinson | 5 years ago
1 like

dave atkinson wrote:

I listen to this nonsense, which smashes along at about the pace my legs should be going round... 

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXylNB6p8BfMV4-XVI-FWWrTsPw7oR...

'deathsport' is a particular favourite  1

SellMatt | 5 years ago
2 likes

Just play the whole of ' if you want blood' live album by ACDC. Obviously at volume 11. 52 minutes of inspiration. 

peted76 | 5 years ago
3 likes

Bit of Chase and Status doesn't go amiss now and again...

Santana(!?)

simonmb replied to peted76 | 5 years ago
0 likes

peted76 wrote:

Santana(!?)

Into the Night - good for intervals!

Latest Comments