Home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-45778129

A "cyclist" murders someone in what I guess you might call a ride by shooting.

Hit man went for the ninja look but topped it off with hi vis ... possibly because he heard cyclists are invisible to drivers when wearing one.

6 comments

CygnusX1 [1097 posts] 2 months ago
3 likes

No mention of whether the gunman was so irresponsible as to not wear a helmet.

BehindTheBikesheds [2613 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

Always the BBC and their use of words to cause as much shit towards cyclists as possible! when they're on a bike they are definitely cyclists and when it's anything else it isn't a 'motorist' or 'pedestrian'. 

A person using a bicycle is not a cyclist if your intent is to simply kill someone, just as a terrorist in a van going to kill someone is a terrorist not a motorist!

Butty [300 posts] 2 months ago
10 likes

On the positive side, the BBC headline may cause motorists to take more care around cyclists......

HawkinsPeter [2791 posts] 2 months ago
2 likes
BehindTheBikesheds wrote:

Always the BBC and their use of words to cause as much shit towards cyclists as possible! when they're on a bike they are definitely cyclists and when it's anything else it isn't a 'motorist' or 'pedestrian'. 

A person using a bicycle is not a cyclist if your intent is to simply kill someone, just as a terrorist in a van going to kill someone is a terrorist not a motorist!

Can't they be both?

I reckon they (the press) are more justified in this case as they haven't got much information on the perp other than the fact that he was cycling.

Beatnik69 [419 posts] 2 months ago
5 likes

I like this new close pass initiative.

alansmurphy [1947 posts] 2 months ago
2 likes
BehindTheBikesheds wrote:

This shooter is an idiot; if he'd have been in a car he'd perhaps have got 3 points, now he'll have a charge of wanton and furious cycling and an insane widow to contend with!