Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Competition winners

I'm sure that, like me, you've entered the odd road.cc competition. Where do the winners ever get announced? Maybe I'm being cynical, but seems like a simple way for a company to get some advertising and a load of email addresses. Do people actually win these prizes?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

jollygoodvelo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Some years ago, I won a Hovding inflatable helmet thing.

Don't know whether it works or not, I almost never wear it.

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

Won socks in a 'show us your cycling glasses' thing, replied to email, got nothing, submitted again, still nothing. Gave up. Well done to those that win stuff but I just won't bother in future.

Jack Sexty replied to BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
1 like

BehindTheBikesheds wrote:

Won socks in a 'show us your cycling glasses' thing, replied to email, got nothing, submitted again, still nothing. Gave up. Well done to those that win stuff but I just won't bother in future.

When abouts was that? Email me your shoe size and address and I'll get a pair out to you - jack.sexty [at] road.cc

...better late than never ay, apologies your message slipped through. 

EddyBerckx replied to Jack Sexty | 5 years ago
5 likes
Jack Sexty wrote:

When abouts was that? Email me your shoe size and address and I'll get a pair out to you - jack.sexty [at] road.cc

I won an s works venge or was it a cervelo s5? Anyway, never received it!!! Outraged!!

Size 56 please.

Jack Sexty replied to EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
0 likes

StoopidUserName wrote:
Jack Sexty wrote:

I won an s works venge or was it a cervelo s5? Anyway, never received it!!! Outraged!! Size 56 please.

Won't fit in the postbox, sorry pal!

Organon replied to BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
2 likes

It would be such a shame if you became disheartened and left the site. 

ClubSmed | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'll put my hand up and say that I have won a set of Pirelli P-Zero tyres on one of the competitions on here.

Jack Sexty | 5 years ago
0 likes

We also run regular Facebook comps where you just 'Like to Win', and then we private message the winner on Facebook. We don't tend to announce the winner simply because it's not interesting/relevant info for everyone who didn't win!  

dave atkinson | 5 years ago
1 like

Generally speaking we repurpose the original competition story and bump it back up the site, like this:

https://road.cc/content/news/248500-hunt-4season-alloy-wheels-and-gloves...

Zermattjohn | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply. Have to say I've not seen an announcement though, either on FB or the site, or certainly not as many as competitions I've entered!

dave atkinson | 5 years ago
0 likes

we generally announce them on the site, or on facebook if it's a facebook comp. you certainly are being cynical, and thanks to GDPR you no longer have to supply your details as a condition of entry if you don't want to. which will probably mean a lot less competitions, but hey

Latest Comments