Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Btwin ULTRA AF Bike Size Help

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a B'Twin ULTRA 920 AF  - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ultra-920-af-road-bike-grey-ultegra-id_8402811.html

My height is 187 cm and my inseam length is 90.5 cm. So I think I'm between L and XL. Which size would you recommend for me, please? I'm not able to try it, because the nearest Decathlon store does not have either size in stock.

Thank you.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

dusan.g | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks all for help. I've finally choosen XL. I didn't want to underestimate it, so this size was choosen based on the results from the competitive cyclist calculator, GURU Fit System and Retul Bike Fit.

freetime101 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm the same height as you and bought an XL Triban 500 but after riding around for quite a few miles, I wish I'd gone for the L as whilst the saddle position is perfect, I feel over stretched... I could fit a shorter stem but this will alter the handling - I'd give it a go but I want a better bike anyway  4 

Although this is not the same bike, or geometry (relaxed vs race), it's the same manufacturer so I'd assume the size guides follow similar principles?

Another way to look at it is what to do if you get it wrong -  with the L you can put the seat up and fit a longer stem, more aero but may kill your back, and a longer stem can make the steering feel slow/vague. With the XL you can put the seat down and fit a shorter stem, not as aero but more comfortable maybe? Too short a stem can make the steering twitchy...

You could always take advantage of their 365 day returns policy - if you have rollers/a turbo. They will let you return things up to a year so long as it's unused: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/decathlon-return-policy.html

hobbeldehoy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Looks like you could go for a L or an XL, obviously the seat post would be raised higher on the L. I am about 180 cm tall and I bought a BTWIN 560 CF in L but a M would have been fine as well. I like the larger frame because I like to have a lower seat post which brings the saddle closer in level to the handlebars which helps my back. The only problem I can see with the XL is selling second hand as most buyers are searching for M or L. But I think you have to buy based on best fit. I've seen the XL bike  you're looking at in Decathlon and it really does look extra large, I reckon it will fit someone 6.5ft tall.

stucky | 5 years ago
0 likes

according to the size chart on the website you should go for an XL

Latest Comments