Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

World Championships Fantasy Game

Will the Worlds be available as a game? sad Hope so!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
1 like

Here's a fun extra game! Looking through the forum entries for the ITT, everyone is going for favourites and outside chances, but wat of last place. It's worth 10 points in the game so who's gong to take the prize? The late entry of Darel Christopher from the Virgin Islands? Najeeb Ullah of Pakistan? The competition is wide open!

enrique replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

... who's gong to take the prize? The late entry of Darel Christopher from the Virgin Islands? Najeeb Ullah of Pakistan?...

You nailed it!  1

Ok, what about this for the Elite Mens Race? yes 10 points for the last man in, 5 for 2nd to last, 1 for 3rd to last? yes But (!) -1 point for DNF? yes Ha ha! yes That would be crazy!  1

1 like

Up to Dave really kmnaegeli, he's the one who can change the necessary settings for us to run it.

We'll see how we can tinker things for next year to make it easier.

I can still possibly make a mock forum competition, which I can look at tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

enrique replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Up to Dave really...

I think the ITT is on Wednesday. It may be too soon, but think you can ask Dave to see if we can set up a game for the Elite Men's race if not the ITT?... I think it would be popular!  1 Maybe we can add it to the Fall Classics?  It'd be nice - if we just get to do the Forum Game - if there were values so we won't all be tempted to take practically the same riders ... Or maybe you can put a rule in place where you have to choose just 1 rider from each nation... Or - as they're posted - make it a rule you can't choose a team that's already been submitted... Anyways, can we try and bribe Dave?  1

kmnaegeli | 5 years ago
1 like

Andy et al - 

So I'm 2017 there was a comp for the Men's elite ITT and RR. Is that not going to happen this year? I feel like most teams have confirmed their start lists by now... 

it's be fun to get a couple more races in, but even if it does not happen, thanks for running the game.

enrique | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Andy! I hope it works... I know Dave or TER or Gkam had provided rider values for the Vuelta a Andalucia Forum Game and some other Forum games ages ago...  I don't know how they did it, but they just listed all the values.... I guess you could choose a 1 Day race like Liege Bastogne Liege or a Summit Finish Stage from the Vuelta the Tour or the Giro as a model for the Mens Elite Race and just a regular Time Trial Stage from any of the Grand Tours for the Time Trial... It shoud be fun! Worst come to worst - and this might be the best idea - I could probably run it with no values   But I think way more people would participate if it was set up in the Game itself as a Competition!  1 I know we've had it other years!  1 Can you ask to see if we can have a Competition?  1

1 like

I can try Enrique, it's just rider values are set when we set up a new competition. No competition means we'll need to manually set everyone's values based on some arbitrary scale I'd make up in my own head.  I can try to do it, it just might be a lot of work. The start lists aren't comfirmed yet either so we don't even know who's racing definitively. That would require a quick turn around from a confirmed start list to people selecting teams.

enrique | 5 years ago
0 likes

Anyways, could we at least get a Rider Values spreadsheet with mock values for the ITT and Men's Elite Race of all riders currently in the system?... It might be fun to set up a Forum Competition!  1

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ah....thanks Sniffer...and of course you are right. 

I suppose that, in a sport dominated by sponsorship, then even the jersy's become a problem...

Just easier to leave it as it is...

enrique | 5 years ago
0 likes

I know it'd be a lot of work to add a bunch of new riders to cover all the races, but, could we have only the elite men's time trial and race?   1 And maybe the Men's TTT?...  cheeky

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

Really odd that the world chanpionship isn't listed as UCI world tour race...what the hell is that all about. Anybody care to enlighten me. I'm damned sure it's a bigger race than the Cadel Evans great ocean road race.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Really odd that the world chanpionship isn't listed as UCI world tour race...what the hell is that all about. Anybody care to enlighten me. I'm damned sure it's a bigger race than the Cadel Evans great ocean road race.

UCI World Tour is Trade Team races only.  I suspect that is the logic.

enrique | 5 years ago
0 likes

If not, can we have a rider list with mock values shared for each event - at least men's elite - so we can run a Forum competition?  1 Please?  1 

Latest Comments