Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Alpecin

So, how many of us cyclists have been taken in by the adverts?

Any users in this cycling community?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

27 comments

Jogle | 5 years ago
4 likes

Back in 2003, when I was in the market for a new bike, I narrowed it down to Specialized and Trek, based on what the local dealers had.

I went with the Trek on the basis that "if it's good enough for Lance Armstrong, it's good enough for me".

Obviously now I visit a different type of dealer on the same basis.

SteveAustin | 5 years ago
0 likes

never understood the point of constantly repeating the same adverts during programmes. im not really ever going to be so daft that I am going to be beaten into submission and buy products from these companies.

if anything it makes me not want to use these companies due to their daft marketing

although i nearly bought some skil tools once, but that might have been because they was red

ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

Okay I made a mistake for which I do apologise, it is movistar, but I do stand by the fact that BBC4s The Plague (Sat 9pm) is from movistar(+, which I also hadn't noticed) and it is a bit weird.  And in Spanish.

don simon fbpe replied to ktache | 5 years ago
1 like

ktache wrote:

Okay I made a mistake for which I do apologise, it is movistar, but I do stand by the fact that BBC4s The Plague (Sat 9pm) is from movistar(+, which I also hadn't noticed) and it is a bit weird.  And in Spanish Castellano.

Good man!

ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

BBC 4s The Plague (Sat at 9) is from MovieStar.  It's Spanish and a bit weird.

Organon replied to ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

ktache wrote:

Movistar is Moh-vee-star, not Movie-star, thanks Charlon.

don simon fbpe replied to Organon | 5 years ago
0 likes

Organon wrote:

ktache wrote:

Indeed, movi from movil translates to mobile in englsh, Movistar is the mobile arm of Telefonica. Pfft! I thought everyone knew this.

Their old HQ didn't have planning pemission either which was one of the factors for the move to new premises in Alcobendas, again something i guess everyone knows...

So yes, ktache, sort yourself out...

slappop replied to Organon | 5 years ago
0 likes

Organon wrote:

Yeah. I used to rail against the incorrect use of decimate and failure to use the subjunctive, but had to get used to the fact that language is a fluid thing...

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was talking with Renson about a job a few years ago, I've now decided to try and get my current company into cycling sponsorship.

MartyMcCann | 5 years ago
0 likes

Few years ago when I was looking to hire a van to move house the quotes were similar so Europcar got the nod simply because of their sponsorship.

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

Quickstep and Soudal for a recent room refurb

rowes | 5 years ago
0 likes

Don't have enough hair to warrant alpecin, used to have a HTC phone and really want a Rocket Espresso machine.

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
2 likes

I have to say that I was less bothered about getting a Volvo once I'd seen Movistar using them. Beyond that I'm not sawyed by brands.
Don Simon.

DaSy | 5 years ago
1 like

This is not advertising as such, but I am strangely drawn to white VW Eos, I always want to hang on the side of them if I see one.

sergius | 5 years ago
0 likes

I got some thrown in with a Canyon bike.  It's shampoo... Nothing exactly exciting and just as effective as the £1 supermarket own-brand stuff I normally buy.

londoncommute | 5 years ago
1 like

Anyone joined the navy after wating the ITV4 Vuelta coverage?

davel replied to londoncommute | 5 years ago
2 likes

londoncommute wrote:

The armed forces ads are sort of anti-adverts to me. I see all that being chucked around on a boat and sitting in a desert, interspersed with forced bantz (off-cam: drinking piss through a sock and wankbiscuit) and think 'I'm never joining the Army/Navy/NHS'. Also I'm too old.

gonedownhill replied to londoncommute | 5 years ago
1 like

londoncommute wrote:

That latest Royal Marines advert seems to be targetted at people who watched Apocalypse Now and thought it looked like a bit of fun.

Yorkshire wallet | 5 years ago
2 likes

Not sure how I avoided smoking given my exposure to motorsport sponsorship.

davel | 5 years ago
4 likes

A mate's just got a Bora extractor in his fancy new kitchen. In use, it really does look like the adverts - steam disappearing into the island from all directions, while he creates more steam via his water-boiling vibrator thing. The twat.

My brother threw a Quick-Step floor down. Can't remember whether it was laminate or wood (engineered?) but he said it was dead easy. True story.

CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
2 likes

Going '80s retro, I did actually buy some Mapei tiling cement recently, along with some more up to date Soudal expanding foam.  Not getting my TV from Sky though.

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
1 like

I'll take my caffeine orally, thank you very much. (No, I don't drink Alpecin or instant coffee which is almost identical AFAIK).

CygnusX1 replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
1 like

hawkinspeter wrote:

I'll take my caffeine orally, thank you very much. (No, I don't drink Alpecin or instant coffee which is almost identical AFAIK).

Ah, but do you Trek down to your local stockist to buy Segafredo coffee?

hawkinspeter replied to CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
2 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Nope, I just put on some Genesis and order in some beans from a Specialized importer.

CygnusX1 replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
2 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Nope, I just put on some Genesis and order in some beans from a Specialized importer.

High 5 for that response!

iso2000 | 5 years ago
3 likes

I needed a new kitchen tap a few months ago and looked at Hansgrohe. Boy they were expensive so I didn’t bother. Will buy a Bora extractor if I win the Lottery.

CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
4 likes

I wash my hair with Alpecin, drive a Skoda and cycle (very slowly) on a Sora groupset equipped bike whilst wearing a fugly watch that adds way too many grammes to my combined rider+bike weight.

Latest Comments