Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vision Team 35 V16 ? worth upgrading

Afternoon all,

I have a 2014 Boardman Pro Carbon, which came with bog standard Mavic Aksium wheelset.

I was looking to upgrade to Vision Team 35 V16's.

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/vision-team-35-sram-shimano-11-speed-wheel...

I ride for fun and triathlons/half ironmans.

My budget isn't huge but was looking for something a little more aero and and upgrade in acceleration/performance.

Does anybody have any advice whether this would be a wirthy upgrade?

Currently running 28mm on for bit of extra comfort.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Paulmay6270 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Cheers,

I appreciate the advice.

I think I will look round a bit more first.

I have just got hold of a winter training bike which i will probably use for some bike packing too, so whatever I buy on the scheme will go on the boardman and the aksiums can upgrade the wheels on the winter mobile.

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've got these wheels - they look the part even once the black anodising has worn off the brake track (look great with tanwalls)

Can't say that they've improved performance much because I haven't done any really long rides on them but they are certainly faster than my winter wheels. Whether that's down to tyre or wheel is open to debate because I'm running Gators on the winter wheels and ultra-racy Veloflex Masters on the Visions.

No issues with them and I'm a heavy rider, still true after a couple of months of hammering round rough country lanes.

The rear hub is one of those "make it loud and ratchety when freewheeling so I sound more pro" jobs. Not particularly to my taste which means I end up freewheeling much less  1

I think they're good value for what they are, but not a big step over what you've got - you're not going to be suddenly 5% faster on them. Having said that unless you're a whippet climbing in the Alps or TT'ing no wheelset is going to make that much of a performance difference. The weight difference between the Visions and a lightweight alloy wheelset is a full bidon.

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'd have a look on the Hunt wheels website and see if anything takes your fancy. The ones you linked to are pretty hefty. Have a look at these.

Latest Comments