Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

insoles for plantar faciitis

I've done the stretching.
I've done the standing on tip toes.
I've done the sonic blasting.
I've even done the orthofeet inserts.
After using the orthofeet stuff I now have bad knees and back.
Orthofeet is shit, I would never recommend orthofeet to anyone.
Anyone have similar bad experiences.
If the orthofeet salesman comes here, he'd better have a proper explanation, or fuck off!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

davel | 5 years ago
2 likes

He's just trying to get you to stick needles in your foot... enlightened

If you're after something as scientifically solid, I think I've got some tiger bollocks in the garage somewhere. 

wingmanrob | 5 years ago
0 likes

I know how much you love me, but since I don't hold a grudge......

My old man had it twice, had accupucture and it disappeared in a week or so. Came back a few years later and did the same and had the same result and hasn't been back since.

Had tried everything else to no avail. 

You're welcome xx

clattering | 5 years ago
0 likes

Never heard of orthofeet or sonic blasting. The insoles from Boots and Amazon took the sting out of it, but what really worked for me was taping the ligament, using zinc oxide tape (and youtube videos to get the idea). After about a year I got fed up with buying and using tape and got one of these. After a few painful (but effective) sessions breaking up the scar tissue I only need to do it every few weeks and hardly think about it now. 

jaymack | 5 years ago
0 likes

You're in for a long haul I'm afraid but seeing a physiotherapist who does acupuncture should help, it worked wonders for me. Good luck and stay as active as you can

srchar | 5 years ago
0 likes

Spend as much time barefoot as possible. Wear shoes with as thin a sole as possible (Vivo/Vibram type things). Bin the Orthofeet and let your foot work as nature intended. It will get better, it just takes time - a lot of time.

Latest Comments