Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Helmet cameras

Can anyone recommend a reliable,lightweight camera that will provide police with useable footage of close passes?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Lydia-Hines | 5 years ago
0 likes

Mobius C2 Action cam it's small and compact, has high def video capability, loop record and can use one of my 32GB SD cards. Importantly, I can have it run off of an external battery, like this one with a 5000mAH capacity, can't even notice it while wearing the helmet.

Gray B | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for this advice. Drift Ghost X it is.

hoffbrandm | 5 years ago
0 likes

I frequently do this research to try and find the best for the money option, drift x is the best option, it has some drawbacks, but customer service is good, and the camera is pretty good. there is definately room for improvement, but its the closest you will get to a good saftey camera, i have found / in my opinion

Hirsute | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hard to get a stealth 2 unless you buy second hand.

The like for like is the ghost X which is about £20 more but will take 128GB cards.

Shades | 5 years ago
0 likes

Drift Stealth 2; I 'bodged' it to attach to my helmet by taking the goggle strap mount and fixing it (through the vents) with a velcro strap I had in my 'things that might come in handy' box.  Haven't submitted any footage ref close passes, although the police don't seem to be interested, but might be useful if I got knocked off.  Battery will cover a 1 hr commute easily; recharges using mini-USB (battery built in).  Night performance not great.  The Cycliq cameras (front and rear facing) are good, althought the front facing is fixed to the bars wheras a helmet cam films where you're looking (can be more useful).

Latest Comments