Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tubeless repair

I have a Schwalbe Pro One 28mm that picked up a decent sized cut. It sealed almost instantly allowing me to finish my ride unincumbered, but since then it's spewed the sealant on a couple of occasions before resealing so I'm thinking I need to repair the tyre. I was planning to use standard puncture patches glued to the thoroughly cleaned inside of the tyre, but wondered if anyone had any other tried and tested suggestions?

I'm totally sold on tubeless and would never go back to tubes before someone states the obvious! 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

AfterPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

I carry these https://www.evanscycles.com/innovations-tubeless-tyre-repair-kit-EV15014...

Have used one and it worked for a couple of rides then it just would not seal so patched it. No issues since. I hear gaffer tape works but never tried it.

Cdl888 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks folks. Used a standard patch on the tyre and it seems to be working perfectly. Pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to set the tubeless tyre back up again with fresh sealant. 

Spangly Shiny | 5 years ago
0 likes

Agreed that a standard patch repair on the cleaned up inside of the tyre is good. However if superglueing the outside it is worth considering using a flexiblie cyanoacrylate such as Loctite Power Flex. Standard super glue will harden and crumble away.

kevvjj | 5 years ago
0 likes

I too have had great success with patching from the inside with a standard patch. I also fill in the cut on the outside with a decent quality super glue.

paulrattew | 5 years ago
0 likes

Standard puncture patches should hold, but you can also get more specific products designed for the inside of the tyre, such as the Hutchinson Rep'Air kit (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hutchinson-repair-tubeless-repair-kit/) - I've used these in the past with a lot of success

CXR94Di2 | 5 years ago
0 likes

That is the correct method for a bigger hole repair

Latest Comments