Home

just thinking of getting a cheap type suspension seatpost as some of the routes I do on my gravel bike are pretty rough at speed. I know I could just slow down a bit, but wheres the fun in that! Already using tubeless 700x40 at 35psi and decent saddle/bib shorts. The ones im looking at  have about 40mm of movement like the Zoom or System Ex ones.

Anybody else have any direct experience with suspension seatposts?

6 comments

Canyon48 [1116 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I have the canyon vcls leafspring suspension seat post, it really takes edge off big bumps and makes for a smoother ride overall.

antigee [515 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

not quite suspension but I have both the older and newer specialized cgr seatposts which if you have matching seatpost dia (27.2mm i think - check) can be picked up 2nd hand relatively cheaply (compare to new) probably love or hate - the newer style looks awful and for me no better than the old which def works for me on corrugated gravel roads - if riding rocky stuff then mtfu or mtb :smiley)

philhubbard [163 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
bechdan [182 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

yes thank you phil Ive read that im looking for user responses

jterrier [217 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Yeah,the canyon vcls 2 type. I have a ebay chinese knock off version, its bloody brill. Too much suspension in your seatpost actuallymakes things worse, but one of those is subtle enough to do the job.

bechdan [182 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

jterrier - any make/model or link please?