Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wiggle & Chain Reaction Merger - Random observation

I was after some Schwalbe Pro One tyres and Wiggle were out of stock so went over to Chain Reaction who had some in stock.  Wonder if they are yet to merge their warehouses  and what will change in the future?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
1 like

My new helmet arrived with a bag of Haribo so panic over yes.

kev-s | 5 years ago
0 likes

It seems like Tredz have bought up all the Haribo lately

I placed two seperate orders both for under £20, each order arrived with four packs of Haribo!!!

leqin | 5 years ago
0 likes

Sigma always send free bags of Jelly Belly - much better than Haribo IMHO.

Something I have noticed about CRC is that I can place a order with them, because Wiggle say they haven't got it but CRC have and it turns up from Wolverhampton in a Wiggle box... go figure.

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

There's often 1-2% price difference in my experience, particularly on accessories.

Is it just me or have Wiggle run out of Haribo too?

StraelGuy replied to kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

kil0ran wrote:

I ordered a new helmet from Wiggle yesterday so I'll report back yes.

Kendalred replied to kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

kil0ran wrote:

Sadly not. Picked up a parcel on Saturday and there they were, the pig-fat infused wastes of time.

EddyBerckx replied to kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

kil0ran wrote:

There's often 1-2% price difference in my experience, particularly on accessories.

It's more random than it used to be...sometimes you get them...sometimes not  2

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've found the opposite - if one doesn't have it, the other wont either...though maybe their systems havent completely merged yet?

As to the different prices, they might be A/B testing to a certain extent. See if they can find the sweet spot between sell loads at a cheap price and sell a few at a higher price. Whatever makes them the most money wins.

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

There have been a few times (post-merger) when I've noticed Wiggle and CRC have sold the same item but at different prices as well. I thought it was a bit odd.

I would surely think that they will both stock the same things at the same price eventually and that when you order from them, the order will go to whichever warehouse has the items in stock and has the most capacity to deal with more orders.

Latest Comments