Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tarmac front end

Hello,

I have a 2014 Tarmac SL4 built of the finest 9r. After completing a recent yoga class, I am much more flexible than ever before so I have removed all headset spacers to look more pro (and more importantly stay out of the wind). However, there is a deep ugly (IMHO) 20mm 'cone spacer' covering top of bearings that means my front end is still higher than I want. I tried replacing it with a Hope headset dustcover but the external diameter wasn't big enough for chunky Specialized headtube. Any solutions? Or anyone with a trashed tarmac frame who wants to donate their 5mm/10mm headset dustcover?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

VeloUSA | 5 years ago
0 likes

When I got my SL5, Specy told me the minimal 'cone' spacer aka conical/tapered height that can be used is 5 mm.  However, since the head tube was reworked/redesigned for each frame size on the SL5, vs the SL4, to be sure ask the experts @ ridercare [at] specialized.com.

Ogi | 5 years ago
0 likes
Johnny5 | 5 years ago
0 likes

You're local Specialized dealer should be able to order you a smaller HDS TopCap Spacer. I recall them coming in like a 5mm, 10mm, 20mm option. 

The only part number I was able to find quickly though was for the 20mm spacer, but it should help the shop find the other options:

S102500010: HDS TOPCAP SPACER 20MM GLOSS

Latest Comments