Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro

Just a question on the scoring notes; could you please confirm that there will no KOM points awarded for a summit finish.

Also a more general question; there has hardly been any combative rider scoring in our races this year; is this a trend by race organisers?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

cgipryan | 5 years ago
0 likes

Wow, these days organizers really go out of their way to design GT routes for Froomey...

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Could also play such a clever hand that he manages to dodge points. Like Porte at Romandie with his measly 76 fantasy points. 

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Didn't really want to be writing this but......

I may go without Froome in the Purist game because I can see (possibly) a dramatic exit for him in connection with current allegations (not any new ones)....has anybody else had similar thoughts?....Gonna be a lot of pressure on him and the authorities for certain...

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Didn't really want to be writing this but......

I may go without Froome in the Purist game because I can see (possibly) a dramatic exit for him in connection with current allegations (not any new ones)....has anybody else had similar thoughts?....Gonna be a lot of pressure on him and the authorities for certain...

He is also bloody expensive, and he might just crash or get sick.

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

Andy, the extra line you added could be construed as no KOM points on that stage. Maybe it should read "No KOM points awarded for the final climb if the KOM is at the finish line."

I tried to find the wording in the "How to play" section, but it seems to have disappeared.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah yeah, that's up until the 1st deadline.  42 after that.

hughl | 5 years ago
0 likes

It says we have unlimited transfers for the Giro in the Standard competition. Is that right or will a limit be imposed once it starts? We could be changing our entire team daily based on the coming stage profile - exhausting stuff, though fun too, I'm sure.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Tony, I've added an extra line.

Haven't seen much of it, no.  They had one for Romandie, but then didn't award one every day.  Expect on in the Tour though. If someone knows otherwise then please get in touch.

Latest Comments