Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Three cyclists arrest black people in Starbucks for loitering

Ok so this is kind of in jest and a poke at Road CC for including some very tenuous links to 'cyclists' in their articles, this is pretty horrible stuff, arrested for hanging out and literally doing nothing to justify what happened.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/17/us/philadelphia-starbucks-911-call/in...

These noddy hat wearing wankers are no cycling bretheren I want to ever be associated with, they give all cyclists a bad name ...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

45 comments

Crampy | 5 years ago
1 like

The United States of America. A country founded by and built on the backs of immigrants, with a President who has an immigrant (Scottish) mother, which constantly complains about immigration. 

I think they bloody well invented irony.

felixcat replied to Crampy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Crampy wrote:

The United States of America. A country founded by and built on the backs of immigrants, with a President who has an immigrant (Scottish) mother, which constantly complains about immigration. 

I think they bloody well invented irony.

And on the backs of involuntary immigrants.

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
5 likes

Can anyone tell me what Poe's Law is?

ConcordeCX replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
3 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

it's a bit like coleslaw. Ask felixcat.

hawkinspeter replied to ConcordeCX | 5 years ago
4 likes

ConcordeCX wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

it's a bit like coleslaw. Ask felixcat.

I think felixcat may be having a stroke.

felixcat replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
3 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

I quoted it eight bloody times. My computer seems to be having a heart attack, not me.

Kapelmuur replied to felixcat | 5 years ago
4 likes

felixcat wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

I quoted it eight bloody times. My computer seems to be having a heart attack, not me.

"My piano's been drinking, not me" - Tom Waits.

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I suspect things are about to get interesting on this thread!

simonmb | 5 years ago
1 like

I think you're being a bit harsh on our American cousins. After all, they won the Second World War for us, invented the internet, improved our outdated English language, and have made the world a much safer place for the past 60 years. Credit where it's due, credit where it's due.

Canyon48 replied to simonmb | 5 years ago
1 like

simonmb wrote:

I think you're being a bit harsh on our American cousins. After all, they won the Second World War for us, invented the internet, improved our outdated English language, and have made the world a much safer place for the past 60 years. Credit where it's due, credit where it's due.

Uhr... none of that is exactly true... But that's an entirely different topic of discussion.

simonmb replied to Canyon48 | 5 years ago
2 likes

Canyon48 wrote:

simonmb wrote:

Uhr... none of that is exactly true... But that's an entirely different topic of discussion.

Uhr. None of it is at all true (even though they'll claim them). That was my point. 

Canyon48 replied to simonmb | 5 years ago
2 likes

simonmb wrote:

Canyon48 wrote:

simonmb wrote:

Uhr. None of it is at all true (even though they'll claim them). That was my point. 

My sarcasm detector clearly hasn't had the internet forum update yet  3

felixcat replied to simonmb | 5 years ago
0 likes

simonmb wrote:

The Soviets had a great deal to do with winning the "Great Patriotic War",  and there are different opinions on the American effect on our language. You might also find other countries don't think the USA made them more peaceful. The Vietnamese still suffering from Agent Orange chemical warfare,  or the Iraqis living in Falluja burnt by the evil white phosphorus ( more WMD) did not feel very safe. Credit where it is due. In many of those years many people were living in dread of Mutual Assured Destruction.

hawkinspeter replied to felixcat | 5 years ago
2 likes

felixcat wrote:

simonmb wrote:

The Soviets had a great deal to do with winning the "Great Patriotic War",  and there are different opinions on the American effect on our language. You might also find other countries don't think the USA made them more peaceful. The Vietnamese still suffering from Agent Orange chemical warfare,  or the Iranians living in Falluja burnt by the evil white phosphorus ( more WMD) did not feel very safe. Credit where it is due. In many of those years many people were living in dread of Mutual Assured Destruction.

Let's not forget that the U.S. is the only country to use nuclear bombs on civilians.

simonmb replied to felixcat | 5 years ago
0 likes

felixcat wrote:

simonmb wrote:

The Soviets had a great deal to do with winning the "Great Patriotic War",  and there are different opinions on the American effect on our language. You might also find other countries don't think the USA made them more peaceful. The Vietnamese still suffering from Agent Orange chemical warfare,  or the Iranians living in Falluja burnt by the evil white phosphorus ( more WMD) did not feel very safe. Credit where it is due. In many of those years many people were living in dread of Mutual Assured Destruction.

When did irony die?

hawkinspeter replied to simonmb | 5 years ago
2 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Was it when Trump got elected?

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

“Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.”

I wonder if anybody noticed that you were being "ironic"? I cannot detect any hint.

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

“Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.”

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

0 likes

simonmb wrote:

When did irony die?

Poe's Law

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
3 likes

I'll second Davel's experience.

We were on holiday in Arizona and wanted to walk about 150m to a restaurant from our motel. No sidewalks and we ended up having to climb through bushes to do it. Americans just don't seem to understand why people would want to walk and think that you must be retarded.

Unfortunately, we didn't meet the "most intelligent people" that Davel did. Instead we met people who thought that the reason why we didn't find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was because they sneakily destroyed them (without any records whatsoever) just to discredit the U.S. and also a bloke in Walmart who couldn't understand the word "battery".

Leviathan replied to hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
1 like

hawkinspeter wrote:

...a bloke in Walmart who couldn't understand the word "battery".

Perhaps if you had aksd for some 'badderies.'

Pages

Latest Comments