Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone fancy a fake Canyon?

So would you be tempted??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROAD-CF-SLX-Shimano-Ultegra-R8000-Complete-Ro...

Bicycle-frame-wheels-/152825243529?hash=item2395182789

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm diabeitc, they're runied anyway smiley

The sunglasses debate was had on another Ali Express thread and my opinion remains; there isn't really a guide to the brittle nature or otherwise on plastcis used here or in copies, i believe most come out of the same factory and the risk of incident alongside the exact disaster required is damn small.

My last crash involved some 90's Jolly sunglasses with metal arms...

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
1 like

It won't be hard to make carbon frame these days, technology is decades old now. As long as the rest of the bike is brand name stuff like Shimano I can't see how these things aren't a deal sometimes.

I know someone will know someone who knew someone who's frame snapped at 100mph downhill and it was so bad they had to be resurrected on an Easter Sunday but my chinese carbon is still going strong after 3 years disaster free. 

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
3 likes

Do people really pay a grand for fakes?

£12 on a jersey or sunglasses is about my risk appetite!

fenix replied to alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

alansmurphy wrote:

Do people really pay a grand for fakes?

£12 on a jersey or sunglasses is about my risk appetite!

Nothing much can go wrong with a jersey - but fake sunglasses can be very brittle.  Not what you want near your eyes. 

Zermattjohn replied to fenix | 6 years ago
0 likes

fenix wrote:

Nothing much can go wrong with a jersey - but fake sunglasses can be very brittle.  Not what you want near your eyes. 

Also be wary of fake sunglasses not protecting your eyes from UV. If the lenses are dark, but there's not UV filtered out by some clever tech, your eyes will actually receive more UV than if you weren't wearing any sunnies. Your eyeballs dilate behind the dark lens, so take in more UV if it's getting through. And you only get one pair of eyes to use  3

Redvee | 6 years ago
1 like

For sh!ts and giggles I made an offer of £100 on one of these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aroad-CF-SLX-Complete-Road-Carbon-Bicycle-fra...

Morat | 6 years ago
0 likes

Shadow Factory?

Latest Comments