Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

My first love

Need some advice folks. Not the greatest bike ever made but it was my first bike...a Raleigh pro race...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192487092107?ViewItem=&item=192487092107.. i did more miles on one of these than all my other bikes put together...and was really the only bike i ever loved.

Having sold mine nearly twenty years ago due to a young family i'm now wanting to buy one back and found this on ebay. I've offered him his money but how the hell do i get it from Ipswich to Preston without a 500 mile round trip in a car ?

Any advice ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

matthewn5 | 6 years ago
0 likes

These people do the whole job for you:

https://cyclesent.co.uk/

I used them to ship a very nice bike to NI and it all worked perfectly.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
1 like

Will they do that Doug?....brill....I'll get on to it.

I bought  myself a Cannondale today. A Connondale and my old bike back will be a nice combo for me.  This is turning into a good weekend.

Doug.F. | 6 years ago
0 likes

Post the cash.

Get a courier (D.H.L OR SOME OTHER FIRM) to collect the bike and deliver it to you.

Generaly not highly expensive.

Good Luck.

Welsh boy | 6 years ago
2 likes

Catch the train there, ride back 

Roadie_john replied to Welsh boy | 6 years ago
1 like

Welsh boy wrote:

Catch the train there, ride back 

*sideways look to camera 2*

traditional...

The Rake | 6 years ago
4 likes

How much do you love your first love? That bloke out of the Proclaimers would walk 2000 miles.

Dr Winston replied to The Rake | 6 years ago
1 like

The Rake wrote:

How much do you love your first love? That bloke out of the Proclaimers would walk 2000 miles.

Not if he was the full time carer of a son with special needs he wouldn't...all I can manage is an hour here and there.

Pilot Pete | 6 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments