Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Train travel in Italy

I'm off to do the Torino-Nice route in June but was hoping to spend some time in Rome with my girlfriend first. Does anyone have any experience of travelling by train with a bike in Italy (particularly from Rome to Turin)?

The web is quite unclear and it would be a disaster if I missed the other guys landing at the airport.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

pockstone | 6 years ago
0 likes

The man in seat 61 is your friend. (Google 'seat 61 Italy') I just had a quick look and couldn't see much that was bike specific, but its rammed with info and general advice about train travel all over the world.

Have a good trip.

Kapelmuur | 6 years ago
0 likes

No direct experience, but I did see a group with bike bags on a Turin-Venice train last autumn.

I thought that Italian trains were very good.

jasecd replied to Kapelmuur | 6 years ago
0 likes

Kapelmuur wrote:

No direct experience, but I did see a group with bike bags on a Turin-Venice train last autumn.

I thought that Italian trains were very good.

Thanks - there's a variety of opinions online and I can't find any definitive rules for the different services. I'm worried that I may end up with a problem that could blow the whole trip.

Latest Comments