Home

Hi, I’ve managed to wear a Campag Zonda rear wheel out in 6months (winter/Yorkshire grit!), looking at the Hunt Race Aero wide, has anybody used these for a while and been happy? Many thanks.

5 comments

SpikeBike [97 posts] 5 months ago
1 like

Only used them for 4months and they seem very good especially for the money....however rear spokes lost tension within the first 4-5 rides. Also hubs are quite noisy but that's just a preference.

bobjones-syorks [2 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I'm sorry, I don't get the hunt love in on this site. Wheels which come loose after 4 rides aren't good at all, they are terrible. It's basic beginner level wheel building to not have them come loose like that and it's a criticism I've heard more than a few times with hunts. There are plenty of better wheels out there for the money.

SpikeBike [97 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
bobjones-syorks wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't get the hunt love in on this site. Wheels which come loose after 4 rides aren't good at all, they are terrible. It's basic beginner level wheel building to not have them come loose like that and it's a criticism I've heard more than a few times with hunts. There are plenty of better wheels out there for the money.

You are of course totally right. Saying that shipped to you in a box I wouldnt trust any wheels. I suspect the only reason any wheel is good when it leaves a shop is they bother to retrue and tension them. They are as much as I could afford so am also interested in alternatives at that price point (especially if they do fall apart in 6months)

kevvjj [411 posts] 5 months ago
1 like
bobjones-syorks wrote:

HUNT Race Aero Wide | Road Wheelset | 1487g | 31Deep 24Wide | £369

Off you go, please list the plenty of better wheelsets with similar/better specs for the same or less money.

BrokenBootneck [259 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I have 2 sets, dura disc which I have used almost everyday for a year as a commuter and winter rides. Freehub died but they replaced it. Carbon 50mm are lovely but haven’t used as extensively. I weigh 90kg and always carry a rucksack when commuting. For what it’s worth I can’t fault them.