I am looking for a new commuter bicycle, but have had a hard time finding something that fits the bill. I am planning on using it for a daily 28 km daily commute on bicycle lanes with tarmac, but would also like it to be appropriate for a small ride into town and the more occasional rides on gravel/light dirt roads.
These are the requirements I have been searching by so far:
- Hydraulic brakes
- Shimano Tiagra or better
- Space for 28mm tyres (plan to use them as year-round tyres)
- Space for mudguards (don't like the clip-on ones that much)
- Not to flashy a design
First i settled on the Cube Nuroad 2018 pro, but soon learned delivery wasn't till june. I then found the Pinnacle Dolomite 4 and Pinnacle Dolomite 2 which also seems to go by the requirements - however I am bit worried about the quality since I am not familiar with the brand.
I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with:
- Does anyone have experience with the quality of the Pinnacle Dolomites?
- As an amateur (had a SS before) will I notice a big difference between Tiagra and Ultegra?
- Should I rather look at an adventure road bike like the Arkose, my needs taking into consideration?
- Is there another option in terms of bicycle type and brand which I should consider?