Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wahoo Bolt and Garmin Vector 3 pedals?

I have a canyon cf slx 8.0 di2.  It looks like the Garmin Vector 2/3 might be my best bet as I add a power meter.  Are these compatible with a wahoo bolt?  Or is a better bet to get the edge 520?  Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Jack Sexty | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've been using the Vector 3's with an Elemnt Bolt with no issues at all - I believe the only problem would be if your crank length is different to 172.5mm (the default length) because there isn't a way to alter it on the Elemnt head unit before you do the calibration. Garmin have an updater app for the previous Vector pedals http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00994-00 - but it doesn't look like they've got one for Vector 3 yet.   

leroadie | 6 years ago
0 likes

You were about to buy both powermeter and cycling computer?

I have a Wahoo Bolt and was looking for a powermeter. Like the garmin vector 3 because of their interchangeability.

I was asking myself the same thing, compatibility... didn't found any information nor riders that have had any issues (or not). I've asked Wahoo and they said:

Thank you for your inquiry. These two have been previously compatible, but it seems that Garmin has recently changed this firmware, which is causing issues with our pairing with their Vector pedals. Our developers are actively looking into this firmware change in an attempt to make the two perfectly compatible again but, at this time, we would advise against this pairing.

asdfqwerty | 6 years ago
0 likes

They're compatible. Wouldn't recommend a vector 2 unless you get a great deal on one, there are lots of good pedal based alternatives these days.

Latest Comments