Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano synchro shift on opposite levers

I was thinking of buying a new battery to try out synchro shift. I wanted to have shift up on the right and shift down on the left. Then have the other right and left levers to operate the front.

The only info I have found is synchro on just one side and making the other side redundant.

Has anyone done this?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Acm | 6 years ago
0 likes

I think you've slightly missed the point of syncro-shift: it takes away control of the front mech from the user and shifts it automatically when the ratios dictate. All the user has to do is say whether they want a harder or easier gear.

It sounds like you're talking about customizing which button does what. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible, but it's not something I've done. Might be worth checking if you need to buy a new battery if you're not interested in syncro-shift though

ads-b replied to Acm | 6 years ago
0 likes

Acm wrote:

I think you've slightly missed the point of syncro-shift: it takes away control of the front mech from the user and shifts it automatically when the ratios dictate. All the user has to do is say whether they want a harder or easier gear. It sounds like you're talking about customizing which button does what. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible, but it's not something I've done. Might be worth checking if you need to buy a new battery if you're not interested in syncro-shift though

Thanks, although you seem to have just repeated my question. In the meantime someone has responded to my query on another post.

The answer seems to be yes you can have synchro on left and right big switches. That will leave the too smaller switches to shift the front if/when you want to drop to the small front ring or visa versa

Pilot Pete | 6 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments