Want to put Halverson In my tdu team but he isn’t available?? 

21 comments

TERatcliffe26 [4775 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

Really, he was, I have/had him in mine

TERatcliffe26 [4775 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

He is still there in the game

teckert [13 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

I couldn't find him either initially, but you have to select order by 'surname' for him to show up for some reason.

JohnnyRemo [251 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

He's there - don't know id he'll be starting after that big stack today, tho'...

MinardiM189 [136 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

Looks like Halvorsen won't be starting.

One rider missing is Welsford from UniSA Australia team

Dr Winston [196 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

Halvorsen injured himself today so he's out...

tony kappler [181 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

I note that stages 1-5 are shown in the game as Mon 15th to Friday 19th, instead of Tues 16th to Saturday 20th.

Deadlines seem correct, and it shown correctly in /admin; any ideas on why this has happened TER?

I've removed Halvorsen.

0 likes

Lambrecht also removed

dave atkinson [6430 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

I note that stages 1-5 are shown in the game as Mon 15th to Friday 19th, instead of Tues 16th to Saturday 20th.

Deadlines seem correct, and it shown correctly in /admin; any ideas on why this has happened TER?

I've removed Halvorsen.

deadlines are before midnight UK time due to the time difference, that's what is causing it

enrique [2413 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

I don't get how Clarke and Dlamini got 27 points on Stage 1 today. I'm getting old. Could someone enlighten me in my confusion please?... Thanks!  1

1 like

Clarke;      3 points for 2nd in KOM; 2 x 6 for winning both int sp; 8 for 3rd in GC; 4 for 2nd in KOM overall; total=27

Dlamini;     4 points for 1st in KOM; 2 x 4 for 2nd in both sprints; 6 for 5th in GC; 5 for 1st in KOM overall; 4 for 2nd in youth; total = 27

enrique [2413 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

Clarke... Dlamini...

Thanks, Tony! Completely forgot about the GC, KOM and Youth Jerseys!  1

0 likes

For stage 3 the official TDU website shows Wynants 13th on the stage and 9th on GC. Everyone else thinks it is Gesink.  I think Gesink is correct, so that is how I've scored it. However for stage 2, I scored Wynants (as per TDU website) for 1 point. 

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

archieboy [59 posts] 9 months ago
0 likes

Has stg4 start time been changed due to extreme temperatures in Ozland ?

0 likes

As far as I know, the only change is that stage 4 is starting an hour earlier.

0 likes

Back for my first full season of Fantasy cycling the roadcc way. Great game and looking forward to it..a lot...

Only playing in a little two man league job that's really just about sharing opinions and picks without being too competetive...just how i like it...

What did we make of Haas and his bad day on stage 4 ?...Will he come back from that or should i replace with a Costa or Pozzo type pick...?...any consensus?

0 likes

Dr Winston

On this forum, you will find no one says what they really think, but may be inclined to play mind games.

Re Haas; 2nd on this stage last year; affected by heat stage 4; hard call; probably depends number of transfers you have left.

0 likes

Thanks Tony...Took him out due to the risk...I've brought in both of Pozzo and Costa as pure gameplay. I'm 100 pts up, and whilst i know both of those are less likely to win than the local lads my rival has both so it's a good play...nice and safe...because they're both actually capable of winning on the hill...

My rival doesn't have Haas btw..so he may as well be cycling on the moon in a two man mini league...

Good plan?

tony kappler wrote:

Dr Winston

On this forum, you will find no one says what they really think, but may be inclined to play mind games.

Re Haas; 2nd on this stage last year; affected by heat stage 4; hard call; probably depends number of transfers you have left.

0 likes

Confused a bit by some of the punditry about stage 5...

Porte is the favourite by a very long way...and hence the favourite for the tour win...but...

I can't help but notice that mostly his hopes and punditry are based a bit of Dejavu....Surely all his rivals are not gonna wait until he's 1-2 km's from home again and just let him ride away.

I can see plenty of teams deciding they won't be bothering waiting for a chase to line if at all possible...I'm not sure how it pans out but i'm nearly certain they won't wait...

Any thoughts?...Sanchez on a long run to home?...Pozzo/Izzy/Izzy attack from the bottom of the climb?..could be any number of things...

0 likes

My choice was to replace Haas with Sanchez (I thought it would be hard to recover if affected by heat badly).

Porte has a good team, is the best GC rider and knows the hill. However the head wind up the hill will make it harder.  If I was a betting man, I would put money on Gesink; good GC, seems to be in good form and not bad sprint for a GC rider.

0 likes

Jeez...I very nearlly did Sanchez in for Haas....really close...In fact if i was losing i definitely would have done it.

I play quite a few fantasy games for different sports but by far i prefer mini leagues of between 2-4 people for whatever sport it is. The games change enormously once you only play games that small...So for instance (as above)..i'm leading my tiny TDU league of 2 players by 100 pts...i don't need to win by any more pts than that...just make sure i don't lose...

So whilst Sanchez inwards is (imo) the best pick for today in a league as small as mine...does he matter if you are protecting a 100pts lead...Much safer to neutralise your opponents picks...