Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Britain

Seeing as there is a preview up on the site now I thought Id ask if anyone in the bristol/bath and surrounding areas fancied joining a few of us from BADtri for a jaunt down to Glastonbury to see the stage finish on Wednesday. We will be leaving from the pump house in Hotwells at 11am...route to be decided on when we all meet up. There should be time for cake in Glastonbury too...in case you needed any more excuses!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Cab | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for letting ol' fixie guy tag along, had a great day out. Atmosphere was great in Glasto, good to see the whole place getting involved.

jezzzer | 13 years ago
0 likes

any idea where'd be a good place to spectate? i guess the middle of glasto will be rammed ... would be good to find somewhere with a nice hill or something  1

Fringe replied to jezzzer | 13 years ago
0 likes
jezzzer wrote:

any idea where'd be a good place to spectate? i guess the middle of glasto will be rammed ... would be good to find somewhere with a nice hill or something  1

not much of a hill so to speak from the direction they are coming from, unless you go to the top of the Tor that is.  4

btw i'll be on my single speed if the weather is anything like today..

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

jezzzer, on a fixed running 46x18 i can get up most of the mendips hills, Burrington Combe is the most obvious one to go up heading to glastonbury, and although its a 'hill' is only really ramps up in the last 100 meters or so, get a bit of speed up and you'll be fine!

jezzzer | 13 years ago
0 likes

jon - you got an elevation profile for the mendip route? need to work out if i'll be able to keep up on a fixed...

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

i'll be up for it as have the day off that day, probably drag one or two others along with me. see yer there at 11.  4

Jon Burrage | 13 years ago
0 likes

could do, I imagine the others from Brizzle would want to head on down over the mendips though...or back that way at least, with the other direction retracing the route of the bristol ball buster from march

jezzzer | 13 years ago
0 likes

i was thinking of going down. not sure that i fancy the dog leg to bristol tho...

anyone going from bath? could set a rendez vous in farrington gurney...?

Latest Comments