Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pressfit BB shimano crankset

Hi i currently have the Cube Attain sl - Shimano 105 FC-5800 - 172.5mm - It makes a dreadful squeaking noise when putting effort on the pedal stroke, especially while climbing and is at it worst when on the small chain ring at the front - i have tried to eliminate it via looking at other issues, but i am 99% certain it is the BB - I have looked on some facebook groups and many have made some suggestions, such as the praxis works BB (but there a few and i am unsure which i need) also someone mentioned the "wheels manufacturing BB" and again there seems to be different types and i am unsure which i would really need.

Could anyone please help with the purchase of the correct BB - From those two models please??

Thanks very much.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Take a photo or two of the bottom bracket from each side and post back

Damian99 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thank you - after some further research that is the one i have purchased - thanks again

The _Kaner | 6 years ago
0 likes

Token Ninja 5 in 1 - look on eBay
This will be suitable.

Damian99 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi i currently have this type of BB in the bike - seems to be an 86.5mm shell? Which BB would i need then please? As i really don't wanna keep this type of BB on the bike and would rather go with the Wheels Manufacturing or Praxis - i am just unsure which of those BBs i would need?

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-bb72-41b-press-fit-road-bottom-brac...

Thanks 

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

If your bike has press cups and bearings are inside then this one will do

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/pf30/pf30-bottom-brackets/pf30-thre...

Check out their website if your bottom bracket is different. Quite easy to follow pictures. Hollow tech 2 has 24mm spindle

Latest Comments