Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Poland Stg3 Score correction - Sorry

I didn't want to say anything, because I don't want to give you more work, but...

It was Jungels, not Bonifazio who won the first INT on stage-3. And that's why Jungels has the Most Active award on the official website. So, I believe Jungels should get the 10 pts that Boni got for stage 3. I found two good sources for that: The ToP's own live Tweet, and Quickstep's post-stage report.

From Quickstep:
"Bob Jungels, who picked up three bonus seconds at the first intermediate sprint, only ten kilometers from the start"

The ToP's live Tweet:

"Tour de Pologne‏ @Tour_de_Pologne Jul 31

The 1st Lotto Sprint Prime

1. @BobJungels @quickstepteam

2. @LLEONSANCHEZ @AstanaTeam

3. @Mattibreschel @AstanaTeam"

Again, I'm really sorry, also because it doesn't affect my score, but other folks might care.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Cool. Peace man.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that wrangler, and yes I see that too.  However, when you click through to the results tab Jungels is not mentioned once.  I put this down to a bug in their code perhaps.  Thanks for bringing it up though.

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Cool, I never saw that down there.

I do see the individual INT sprint results as you see them, Andy; what I was referring to is I guess the front page that shows the General and Stage award winners. Here:

0 likes

I would appreciate the screen grab because I'm still super curious as to why you're seeing a different result on the website to Tony and myself, but I'm not keen to give out a personal email address on a public forum.  Are you getting a different result in the official results pdf file that's available for download? I linked it earlier.

Also, it's just Andy.  the Condor just refers to my bikes  1

Also also, there's an option at the bottom to 'Choose File' and add photos.  I'd forgotten it was there, maybe that would work.

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

OK, I accept the majority opinion. Nothing personal Condor. I just didn't appreciate how you minimized three points of reference as "just a tweet". Anyway, my only goal is to get the best accurate info. And still, when I go to the ToP's official site, I see Jungels as the Most Active Rider Award for Stage 3, so what can I tell you. If you want to give me an email or something I could send a jpeg of the screen grab. Or we could just put this stupid thing to bed.

Enjoy the races.

0 likes

It's yours truly doing that one as well Tony.  I try and be as accurate as possible, checking as many sources as possible, especially if something doesn't look quite right.

Just yesterday the official site seemingly omitted 29 riders from the stage result, so I verified using ProCycling Stats and a couple of others.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
1 like

When I look at the official website,   tourdepologne.pl/,  I see,  at the most active rider sprint point at 10.6km, the results;

1. Bonifacio
2. Breschel

3. L. Sanchez

Also Tuens and Bonifacio were at the same GC time after stage 2. On stage 3 Bonifacio came in 15.09 behind the winner Tuens (10 sec bonus). A 3 sec time bonus at the first sprint point, would make the difference (15.09+.10-.03) = 15.16, which is correct (15.22-.06).

Jungels name  doesn't even appear on the "most active rider classification" after stage 6.

This year, in my opinion,  scorers have got results up quickly, responded to queries quickly, consistently and professionally, and made corrections where required.  Sometimes even official results are inadequate, but Poland seems good.

The Eneco Tour coming up is hard to get full results for sometimes.

0 likes

Alright wrangler, don't make this personal.  You're pointing out a mistake I haven't even made, and I've already explained why I'm not changing the scores.  I have no idea why you're seeing a different result on the official website.  I click on Stage 3 result and see something else, there also this http://tdp.infocity.pl/pdf/editions/75/wyniki.pdf which might clear things up a bit.  The news report for the stage has no mention of Jungels either.

Anyway, it's late and I'll continue seeking to clear up any confusion in the morning.

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

I really don't care about the score change, but I don't get why we see different info on the ToP's site. Apologies if I'm not reading the ToP's website correctly, but I wonder why you don't see what I see, which is Jungels' name and picture as the Most Active Rider for stage 3. Yet you say you see nothing supporting this. I saved a grab of it, but don't know how to add a pic to this post. If you click on stage 3 results, it shows Jungels, and has since stage 3.

http://www.tourdepologne.pl/en/

I heard them announce Jungels as the sprint winner during the live broadcast, but didn't actually see the sprint, so somewhere an error was definitely made one way or the other.

And thanks for being so dismissive. I would have dropped it otherwise. I thought I was polite and provided you with multiple sources, including the official website, but you seem bent on Bonifazio getting those points. Since you won't recognize the race's official results, you should probably post your teams' riders, in the interest of fairness. I'm sure you're sick of us pointing out your many scoring errors.

Sniffer | 6 years ago
0 likes

I suspect the tweet was wrong and then other sources picked it up.  You have got to go on something and the Tour of Poland website seems a reasonable decision.

1 like

Official results on the Tour de Pologne website for Stage 3 1st intermediate sprint:

Lotna Premia Lotto - Mysłowice (10,6km)

Racer Start No Team
1 BONIFAZIO Niccolo' 122 TBM
2 BRESCHEL Matti 161 AST
3 SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon 163 AST

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't care either way; but the "official results" I saw on their website said Jungels. Everything says Jungels. I actually have Boni on my Purist team, I forgot. so not changing it suits me fine.

1 like

Can't see anything on the official website that says this.  If you can link me a set of official results that confirms Jungels winning the sprint I'll change the scores.  I'm not changing the scores based on a Tweet that contradicts the post-stage official results.

Latest Comments