Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BB30A / Cannondale Si crank assembly order

Hi

Anybody know the correct sequence of assembling the non-drive side of a BB30A bottom bracket (as fitted to my CAAD12)?

I think the following order is correct (from what I've been able to find out):

1. Bearing

2. Bearing cover

3. Wavy washer

4. 1-3 of the very thin grey spacers

5. Main solid spacer

6. crank arm

cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes

If you prefer to fit and forget rather than faff about with Loctite and various squeaks, ticks and creaks, I can highly recommend one of these: http://www.wishbonetw.com/product.php?fid=8&sid=28

part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

Loctite 242? I think you mean 641 for a bottom bracket. Note; you also need the spray activator stuff.

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Just about to change my BB386 30mm Evo crap for a Hope PF46 bottom bracket.  The original bracket began to click ever so loudly when pedals were spun backwards, then it began to do it forwards. It was as loud as one of those wooden clackers the fans used at football matches.

I used a Hope bracket on my MTB bike with great success, not a cheap solution but down right better made the Evo BB

part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

That sounds about right from memory. If you type the right incantations into Google you should be able to find the PDF assembly instructions for the SiSL2 crankset on Cannondales site.

markysparks replied to part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks part_robot. I found the SiSL2 PDF, wondered if there was any difference between this and the Si version but they look the same and assume the only differences are in the crank arm manufacturing.

Have just taken the CAAD12 on a 1200km bikepacking trip from Calais to Marseille, blog of the tour at https://wheretheecclefechanisdave.wordpress.com

It performed pretty well with 28c tyres fitted, only had the chainring locknut loosen slightly which caused the occasional click towards the end of the trip. Should have made sure it was Loctited 242 before I went......

Mark

Latest Comments